• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs College of Idaho

AllWeatherFan said:
rosco said:
Just so you know thats NAIA DII poll.

So it's like the FCS of NAIA.

Not really comparable though in terms of the talent gap and the results so far this season show that. Look at some of their wins so far this season. They beat Lewis & Clark State (NAIA D1) by 13. Lewis & Clark State is 7-1 now, that's their only loss. Lewis & Clark State also beat Big Sky member Idaho earlier this year.

College of Idaho beat MSU-Northern (NAIA D1) by 20. MSU Northern is 6-3. They beat Montana Tech (NAIA D1) by 23 points. Montana tech is 9-3 on the year so far. They beat D2 Northwest Nazarene (from the GNAC conference, they're 6-1 right now).

Their only losses so far this season are 2 exhibition games (one to the Griz and one to Utah) and the 2nd game they played against Northwest Nazarene. They're 13-1 and one of the best NAIA D2 teams out there. It's very likely they would give some big sky teams troubles (like Idaho for example).

cclarkblues said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
rosco said:
Just so you know thats NAIA DII poll.

Got it. Not sure what that is. Thx.

I didn't know either. Apparently there is a Division 2 in NAIA basketball, below the division the Montana NAIA schools compete in. D2 gets less scholarships to allocate.

And yet College of Idaho is part of the Frontier Conference and D1 in football.

Huh? The College of Idaho Coyotes-based in Caldwell,ID has nothing to do with the U of Idaho Vandals. I think this is one of the least-informed& most erroneous-filled topics in a while. I don't care where they rank in any NAIA or D2 poll, they are not good compared to a D1 team like UM.

Zirg said:
cclarkblues said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
Got it. Not sure what that is. Thx.

I didn't know either. Apparently there is a Division 2 in NAIA basketball, below the division the Montana NAIA schools compete in. D2 gets less scholarships to allocate.

Huh? The College of Idaho Coyotes-based in Caldwell,ID has nothing to do with the U of Idaho Vandals. I think this is one of the least-informed& most erroneous-filled topics in a while. I don't care where they rank in any NAIA or D2 poll, they are not good compared to a D1 team like UM.
I think the reference to D1 had to do with NAIA D1. :thumb: The Vandals may end up there someday, but not yet. :thumb:

GrizWhiz said:
Zirg said:
cclarkblues said:
G-BEARS said:

I think the reference to D1 had to do with NAIA D1. :thumb: The Vandals may end up there someday, but not yet. :thumb:

Thanks GW, I guess I needed to spell it out. The Frontier is definitely NAIA D1.

Back