• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ/UC Irvine

CleanHOUSE said:
Well nothing special about this team, but if we play well bigsky is down this year we should still be a pretty solid lock to go to the dance as 15.

The Griz barely made it out of the big sky last year, not sure they can do it this year.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Embarrassing. You can't lose to teams like UC effing Irvine and expect to get a decent seed.

UC Irvine is a pretty good mid major though. They beat Texas A&M earlier this year and also beat St Mary's. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the NCAA tournament this year.

Still though this would've been a very nice win for the Griz. It's a nice win for UCI beating a very good mid major like the Griz. Wish we could get another crack at them. Griz didn't play very well this game, shot poorly and way too sloppy resulting in turnovers. Not sure what was with the Griz tonight but that's not what I expected. Still were in it up until the end but then fell apart with turnovers.

The reffing was frustrating (especially the 8 fouls in a row called on the Griz, 2 offensive fouls that were WTF fouls, etc) but gotta expect stuff like that on the road. This game was very winnable even with some of the bullshit. You can't play sloppy on the road and win against good teams like UC Irvine though.

We were more talented team, Im pretty fair when eventuating and its not a bad loss UCI is solid, but in a 7 game series i think most would say we win in 6...so this loss just feels real bad because it a game we should have one, and a game we had to win if we wanted a special season...speaking for myself i had hopes that this would be a step up even from last from a good team to a special year where we could get a 12 seed maybe get a first round upset in the NCAAs, but maybe Im spoiled because im disappointed that it looks like we are good and should have a very successful season and get 14 or 15 seed....I think what is disappointing is that this is not a team where I feel we have any real shot of pulling an upset in the NCAAs or beating Arizona next week

mtgrizrule said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz got hommered

GRIZ contributed plenty to this loss. They didn't deserve a win, playing like they did.

I don't know I saw a half dozen mystery calls and the Griz got their 10th foul with 8 minutes left and UCI had 4 at the time

Man, can you imagine how frustrated TDC must feel? This team may have better talent than last year, but seem to routinely play down to the competition. Stretches still dog them where they can't hit water from a boat in the middle of the ocean, they look a step late consistently on D and can't make free throws to save their lives, careless with the ball on offense. Rorie seems to have regressed or is just in a shooting funk. Oguine can drive by rarely does. Yuck.

Big difference in fouls called, but that only accounted for half the score difference. Bottom line: The Griz didn't shoot worth s**t. They were 18 of 50 (36%) on twos -- not terrible, but not good either. But they really stunk on treys: 6 of 22 (27%). Not going to win many games with shooting like that.

Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz got hommered

GRIZ contributed plenty to this loss. They didn't deserve a win, playing like they did.

I don't know I saw a half dozen mystery calls and the Griz got their 10th foul with 8 minutes left and UCI had 4 at the time

The GRIZ shot terrible, rebounded terrible, didn't move the ball around well, turned it over way too much. Even the defense had a few too many let downs. They didn't look like a team with great SR leadership.

I probably should take a deep breath, exhale and exit. But I can’t go without saying how disappointed I am in the Grizzlies apparent lack of desire and fight tonight. Maybe UCI’s interior defense was better than I could see from the TV but we had no inside game. And where were Dorsey and Anderson? This is the most listless and disappointing game I have seen a Travis coached team play. This will have implications down the road. And the truly sad part.....UCI is not that good.

Also - outside of maybe the Georgia State game, the Griz haven't played all that great after half time...an odd departure from TDC coached teams.

SDSU is better than this team and they have a super star big, I can see us winning there, and certainly not at Zona, I think there were some positives from tonight though 1. I think the D looked back to what it was last year with Akoh back we didnt give up much that was easy, it was the turnovers and letting them get into bonus so quick that allowed them to score. 2. Carter looks like he could be a legit number 2 big by the end of the year and maybe a Brian Quale type in a few years. 3. Ogi didnt have the yips at the FT line tonight

Sport said:
I probably should take a deep breath, exhale and exit. But I can’t go without saying how disappointed I am in the Grizzlies apparent lack of desire and fight tonight. Maybe UCI’s interior defense was better than I could see from the TV but we had no inside game. And where were Dorsey and Anderson? This is the most listless and disappointing game I have seen a Travis coached team play. This will have implications down the road. And the truly sad part.....UCI is not that good.

At one point Riley said Dorsey didn't make the trip because he was sick. Don't know what the problem with Anderson was.

Potomac Griz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Embarrassing. You can't lose to teams like UC effing Irvine and expect to get a decent seed.

UC Irvine is a pretty good mid major though. They beat Texas A&M earlier this year and also beat St Mary's. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the NCAA tournament this year.

Still though this would've been a very nice win for the Griz. It's a nice win for UCI beating a very good mid major like the Griz.

A what?? Time to take off the maroon colored glasses. Lots of high hopes for this team at the beginning of the year. Heck, some people were saying they thought the Griz could win 30 games this year! Fact is they're just not playing good ball and could very well be 5-6 at the start of league play. I got pasted on here for saying how bad the drubbing at Creighton was. They have not turned the corner that everyone (including me) thought they would have and it's really frustrating to watch.

Inside game is going to be tough. Carter and Kramer both need a lot of work to have any real impact off the bench. Both pretty weak inside on offense and defense.

indian-outlaw said:
What is everyone complaining about? We really should be at the top of the heap in the BSC.

Which at this point will likely get them a 15 seed and a 30 point beat down.

Back