• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz top FCS in attendance for second-straight season

GottaluvGriz said:
... And lots of dirt between light bulbs! :)

Go Griz!
Which would pretty well describe Montana :lol: :lol:

and, aside from the Boise Valley, Idaho.

... And that's just fine with us!

ditto: Go Griz! :egriz:

get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Meh who gives a shit.

Clearly not the ones making the decision to play in a barn. The experience looks very bball. Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pass it off like a real football stadium.

You've never been there, so I'm not sure you have a clue. I have been to WaGriz a few times including once to watch a shitty D2 team score 24 unanswered points and beat the #3 Griz team. Nice stadium. Not the most intimidating. f***, Weber State won a game there this year.

I went to the Montana/NDSU playoff game in Fargo last year and while the Fargodome certainly is loud, it isn't louder than WA-Griz.

Because the game sucked. It wasn't even worth cheering as it was a blowout. My Griz friends were a little loud and mouthy in the beginning, but wanted to skip out midway through the second half. Bison fans were into it for awhile and then the romp started and it got pretty quiet.

CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:
hey now. Wash-Griz hosts other things also, other than football games:

ya know, Rolling Stones, Paul Mccartney, etc

That's all well and good, but until we land a Happy Harry's Ribfest, Annual RV Trade and Expo, or Used Combine Extravaganza, we will never be the second most famous multi-purpose indoor arena in all of the Fargo-Grand Forks Corridor. Maybe instead of that dumb new video board, the U should focus on installing some laserlights and some shot clocks.

Geez, CDA, I thought you did not know anything about NDSU?

yeager_fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

That's all well and good, but until we land a Happy Harry's Ribfest, Annual RV Trade and Expo, or Used Combine Extravaganza, we will never be the second most famous multi-purpose indoor arena in all of the Fargo-Grand Forks Corridor. Maybe instead of that dumb new video board, the U should focus on installing some laserlights and some shot clocks.

And yet it appears that I know all there is to know; and such is irrefutable. Strange...

CDAGRIZ said:
yeager_fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

And yet it appears that I know all there is to know; and such is irrefutable. Strange...

Penis envy.

yeager_fan said:
get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Clearly not the ones making the decision to play in a barn. The experience looks very bball. Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pass it off like a real football stadium.

You've never been there, so I'm not sure you have a clue. I have been to WaGriz a few times including once to watch a shitty D2 team score 24 unanswered points and beat the #3 Griz team. Nice stadium. Not the most intimidating. f***, Weber State won a game there this year.

I went to the Montana/NDSU playoff game in Fargo last year and while the Fargodome certainly is loud, it isn't louder than WA-Griz.

Because the game sucked. It wasn't even worth cheering as it was a blowout. My Griz friends were a little loud and mouthy in the beginning, but wanted to skip out midway through the second half. Bison fans were into it for awhile and then the romp started and it got pretty quiet.

And this is proof positive that the crowd at the Fargobarn is subpar as compared to WAGRIZ. Super dumpy crowd, by all accounts. Take solace that it's about like the EWU crowd on a good day. Thats pretty good for FCS.

NativeGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
NativeGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Or produce a championship football team. Something that hasn't been done in 15 years.
If I had to choose my team winning every game, but I had to watch my team play those games in a dome located in flatland ND, it would be a no brainer I will take UM even if they lost every game. Yes you have a winning team and a lot of good fans (you are not one of them), but there really isn't much more to like. I have been there multiple times, other than the nice people, there isn't much I would go back for.

Really? Seems like a shitty way to spend a Saturday. Quite a bit more to see around Missoula.
The atmosphere is always awesome in Griz stadium and we don't need a dome to help create our noise. Plus I get Flathead Lake 300 plus days a year, I don't mind a few Saturdays in Missoula.

You are a lucky guy. Awesome area for sure. Not sure there is an area I enjoy visiting more. I have spent quite a bit of time drift fishing down the North Fork. Nirvana on Earth.

CDAGRIZ said:
yeager_fan said:
get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

And this is proof positive that the crowd at the Fargobarn is subpar as compared to WAGRIZ. Super dumpy crowd, by all accounts. Take solace that it's about like the EWU crowd on a good day. Thats pretty good for FCS.

Penis envy.

CDAGRIZ said:
yeager_fan said:
get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Not sure that this proves anything other than ass kickings are boring. Definitely expected a more entertaining game. The Griz have a problem playing on the main stage.

yeager_fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
yeager_fan said:
get'em_griz said:

Penis envy.
Someone sure has something on their mind tonight. The really important thing though is If you stand up straight and you look down and can still see it. Good Luck with that!!

Ursa Major said:
yeager_fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
yeager_fan said:

Penis envy.
Someone sure has something on their mind tonight. The really important thing though is If you stand up straight and you look down and can still see it. Good Luck with that!!

You know, and I know, and Bob Dole knows, this is very likely to happen. Maybe out of the sauna, but surely not out of the shower.

#FatsgoND

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
yeager_fan said:
get'em_griz said:

Not sure that this proves anything other than ass kickings are boring. Definitely expected a more entertaining game. The Griz have a problem playing on the main stage.

Bahahaha! Main Stage! Fargo Arena! Hahahaha! You have one good sense of humor over here on eGriz.com! Do you do the same on all the other boards for the main FCS programs? Oh, wait . . . haha! Thanks for always logging into, and posting your "insights" on eGriz.com! We are always happy to have your rotund kind over here.

NativeGriz said:
BisonCardinal said:
NativeGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
I saw that last week. I had to go back and count all the Wisconsin towns. I think I ran out of fingers. I've always hated most cheese heads.
No $hit, the number of Wisconsin cities was unreal. Considering how little there is to do in ND it was surprising there were only 2 cities listed.

Well hell, at least we'll be sober in the morning.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-states-with-the-highest-suicide-rates-in-america-369825/11/
Guess those pretty mountains aren't the answer to everything.
After a bit of research, you will come to realize most of those people live in the border towns close to ND. All jokes aside there is a lot of poverty in certain areas which has been a part of that horrible situation-very high among Native Americans. You will also find a complete opposite polls that shows Montana's the happiest and take the great pride in where they live. http://www.businessinsider.com/happiest-state-rankings-2016-1 https://mic.com/articles/88603/the-happiest-people-in-america-don-t-live-in-new-york-or-california#.RU6tMHokI

I guess we could do this all day long.
2 ND cities
0 MT cities
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13291294/15/the-15-best-places-to-live-in-the-united-states.html

http://college.usatoday.com/2016/03/19/the-25-best-small-college-towns/

Anyway, congratulations on your attendance crown. Well done!

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
yeager_fan said:

Bahahaha! Main Stage! Fargo Arena! Hahahaha! You have one good sense of humor over here on eGriz.com! Do you do the same on all the other boards for the main FCS programs? Oh, wait . . . haha! Thanks for always logging into, and posting your "insights" on eGriz.com! We are always happy to have your rotund kind over here.

Playoff football is the main stage and the FargoDome has certainly hosted more playoff football games than any other team in the last decade. The Griz were not prepared for the main stage last year when they were completely torn apart. I guess I expected more from the 5 time national champion runner up Montana Grizzlies. Just another team who couldn't get it done in the FargoDome come playoff time.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Playoff football is the main stage and the FargoDome has certainly hosted more playoff football games than any other team in the last decade. The Griz were not prepared for the main stage last year when they were completely torn apart. I guess I expected more from the 5 time national champion runner up Montana Grizzlies. Just another team who couldn't get it done in the FargoDome come playoff time.

Hahaha! That's cute. So when Southern Utah or EWU hosts a playoff game, they are playing on the main stage? Hahaha! You fat fucks are funny! The "Fargodome" is not only a pathetic venue, it's not a dome, and it even sounds like a fat person is saying it. Try it.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Hahaha! That's cute. So when Southern Utah or EWU hosts a playoff game, they are playing on the main stage? Hahaha! You fat f***[*] are funny! The "Fargodome" is not only a pathetic venue, it's not a dome, and it even sounds like a fat person is saying it. Try it.

It was named before a design change put a steel roof on it. I don't really care.

You can call the FargoDome whatever you want. The Griz have never won in it nor has any other team in the playoffs. Come playoff time, there is no other home venue in the FCS harder to play in. The Griz proved that last year when they were completely curb stomped. Just not cut out for the main stage.

Back