• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz schedule future home and home with Incarnate Word

Griz til I die

DONOR
We'll go to San Antonio in 2028 and UIW will come to Missoula in 2029. For the anti FCS crowd out there, let me remind you all that a lot can change between now and 2028, and you have to be prepared for any and all possibilities. I do not rule out that we very well could be an FBS team come 2028, in which case I'm sure we would cancel this series and replace them with somebody else. But in the event that we're still FCS or some other weird division featuring us and UIW, it's good to have non-conference games ready to go and not find yourself behind the 8 ball schedule wise

We'll go to San Antonio in 2028 and UIW will come to Missoula in 2029. For the anti FCS crowd out there, let me remind you all that a lot can change between now and 2028, and you have to be prepared for any and all possibilities. I do not rule out that we very well could be an FBS team come 2028, in which case I'm sure we would cancel this series and replace them with somebody else. But in the event that we're still FCS or some other weird division featuring us and UIW, it's good to have non-conference games ready to go and not find yourself behind the 8 ball schedule wise
This news dashes my hopes for a home and home with Abilene Christian. Going to have to take a trip to San Antone in 2028.

If this actually stands and the Griz faithful make the trip, seating will be at a premium. If my memory serves me their last stadium expansion about 12 years ago got them to 6,000 seats. Nonetheless to say it will be my first Griz game in 40 years I haven't had to take a plane to go see!

It is possible the Griz will have more fans there than UIW. Their facilities are worse than the vast majority of the HS teams in the San Antonio metro area...

...could be a good game...

My guess is lots of maroon on the river walk that weekend...it actually is quite fun IMO.

Also - don't forget the Alamo.

It is possible the Griz will have more fans there than UIW. Their facilities are worse than the vast majority of the HS teams in the San Antonio metro area...

...could be a good game...

My guess is lots of maroon on the river walk that weekend...it actually is quite fun IMO.

Also - don't forget the Alamo.
I'm sure we won't forget the Alamo but we might forget about this game it's four years away...

If this actually stands and the Griz faithful make the trip, seating will be at a premium. If my memory serves me their last stadium expansion about 12 years ago got them to 6,000 seats. Nonetheless to say it will be my first Griz game in 40 years I haven't had to take a plane to go see!
The expansion increased their stadium to 6,000 seats, but their average attendance in 2023 was only 2,386/game. Griz could purchase the remaining seats to fill 60% of the stadium.

I fully believe the University would rather drop down than move up. Has never sounded like there has been any interest in doing so. Unfortunately... I'd shit my pants if they do. Would love it but, just can't see it.

I fully believe the University would rather drop down than move up. Has never sounded like there has been any interest in doing so. Unfortunately... I'd shit my pants if they do. Would love it but, just can't see it.
UM has never shown any interest in moving down. Zero. UM has evaluated moving up at various times. Has done a feasibility study. Has consulted FBS conferences. Is always improving facilities so as to be prepared if things changes or an attractive opportunity is opportunity arises.

UM has never shown any interest in moving down. Zero. UM has evaluated moving up at various times. Has done a feasibility study. Has consulted FBS conferences. Is always improving facilities so as to be prepared if things changes or an attractive opportunity is opportunity arises.
At some point standing still will become a move down when the FBS splits into 2 tiers. The FCS, essentially the second tier in college football, will become tier 3 after an FBS split. It practically is already.

Back