• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/Cat game exposed all weaknesses??

BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
I'd say you're off base in referring to this game as a meltdown. Sneed has a bad night, but we lost by a single touchdown to a damn good team in the quarterfinals, on the road. Calling that a meltdown is frankly overwrought.

I do think the Bobshits exposed some weaknesses, but having seen those weaknesses, the #3 team in the country was barely able to eke out a one-touchdown win at home? Shit, I'll take that all day. If you want to see a meltdown, watch the Scats' get their shit pushed in by the Bizon next week.
The Griz just lost and you talk smack about the Cats going to get their shit kicked in by the Bison? You think the Griz would beat the Bison?
You have to be a special kind of retard to be surprised that people on eGriz hate the Scats. Which I suppose world just be a typical Boobcat fan, wouldn't it?
I love the name calling! You’re probably one of the many Griz fans that didn’t even attend Missoula Community College and still lives in their Mom’s basement.
You sound like you're salty that the appeal of Big Brother's program isn't limited to alumni. I guess I would be, too, if I had been stupid enough to attend Bozeman.

SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
The Griz just lost and you talk smack about the Cats going to get their shit kicked in by the Bison? You think the Griz would beat the Bison?
You have to be a special kind of retard to be surprised that people on eGriz hate the Scats. Which I suppose world just be a typical Boobcat fan, wouldn't it?
I love the name calling! You’re probably one of the many Griz fans that didn’t even attend Missoula Community College and still lives in their Mom’s basement.
You sound like you're salty that the appeal of Big Brother's program isn't limited to alumni. I guess I would be, too, if I had been stupid enough to attend Bozeman.

I would stop referring to the Griz as “Big Brother”.

1) Griz fans these days sound very similar to Dallas Cowboys fans. “Remember how good we use to be!!” They had a decent year this year but the world doesn’t owe you anything for how good you use to be.

2) Your so called “little brother” has beat you 4 straight. That includes the absolute blowout this year.

3) Most importantly (to me that is), the university of Montana attendance is at 8,863 students on the main campus (not including Missoula College). Enrollment at MSU is at 16,766 students.

I’d suggest improving those numbers before claiming yourself as “Big Brother”

SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
Wow!!! I was spot on!!!

BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
Wow!!! I was spot on!!!
Apparently, so was I.

SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
Wow!!! I was spot on!!!
Apparently, so was I.
Would the Griz beat NDSU?

BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
BillingsCat said:
SubGriz said:
Wow!!! I was spot on!!!
Apparently, so was I.
Would the Griz beat NDSU?
Sure, under the right conditions. If NDSU and UM played 100 times, there's no way the Bison end up 100-0.

But that doesn't matter. All that matters now is seeing the Bison go 1-0 against the Scats this week.

grizrgood said:
pussycatkillerz said:
So many Griz focused Cat trolls on eGriz and social media. You can really tell this is the Cats first semifinal since 1984.
At least pretend like you’ve been there before. :roll:

Gawd seriously!! :roll:

Funniest part though, their smack is among the weakest in all of sports, possibly worldwide :lol:

SubGriz said:
I'd say you're off base in referring to this game as a meltdown. Sneed has a bad night, but we lost by a single touchdown to a damn good team in the quarterfinals, on the road. Calling that a meltdown is frankly overwrought.

I do think the Bobshits exposed some weaknesses, but having seen those weaknesses, the #3 team in the country was barely able to eke out a one-touchdown win at home? Shit, I'll take that all day. If you want to see a meltdown, watch the Scats' get their shit pushed in by the Bizon next week.

Jesus you're a bitter little fella :D

Any men care to comment on the original post, emotions aside?

Petty hard to in·tel·li·gent·ly or per·​suade otherwise given the recent results.

YES, Griz fan here but not afraid of reality yet always optimistic.

MONDAK said:
Any men care to comment on the original post, emotions aside?

Petty hard to in·tel·li·gent·ly or per·​suade otherwise given the recent results.

YES, Griz fan here but not afraid of reality yet always optimistic.
I did, it just didn't take very well. I still say, "what weaknesses were exposed?" Two weeks later we put up 73 points, and the week after that was a grind against a very good team that we lost on the road, which wasn't a huge shock. Not that I didn't think they could beat Weber, but everyone knew that game wasn't a gimme.

Yes, the Weber D gets credit for those picks, but really, who else thought the Griz passing game and Dalton Sneed were weaknesses that Bobby was trying to paper over?

Walkon79 said:
SubGriz said:

Jesus you're a bitter little fella :D

The little guy gets the award as the most butt hurt by the Cats beat down. He just cannot get over it. His mom is mad at him because he is going thru so many diapers since. Poor little guy.

MT-Tech said:

1) Griz fans these days sound very similar to Dallas Cowboys fans. “Remember how good we use to be!!” They had a decent year this year but the world doesn’t owe you anything for how good you use to be.

2) Your so called “little brother” has beat you 4 straight. That includes the absolute blowout this year.

3) Most importantly (to me that is), the university of Montana attendance is at 8,863 students on the main campus (not including Missoula College). Enrollment at MSU is at 16,766 students.

This post screams "little brother"!! Do you not get it?? This is precisely why the Cat fans are referred to as little bro. The Cats are in the semifinals, the 1st time in 35 years, and the Griz season is over. Yet, here you are, little bro, seeking validation on a Griz fan forum...

To the topic - I do not feel anything was exposed in the Cat/Griz game. If that was the case every team would try and replicate MSU's rushing game against UM. Cats have run the ball at will against UM for the past 4 years. Yet UM's run D is pretty good in other games.

Chet_Ripley said:
MT-Tech said:

This post screams "little brother"!! Do you not get it?? This is precisely why the Cat fans are referred to as little bro. The Cats are in the semifinals, the 1st time in 35 years, and the Griz season is over. Yet, here you are, little bro, seeking validation on a Griz fan forum...

To the topic - I do not feel anything was exposed in the Cat/Griz game. If that was the case every team would try and replicate MSU's rushing game against UM. Cats have run the ball at will against UM for the past 4 years. Yet UM's run D is pretty good in other games.

Say whatever you want to, I don’t have a dog in this fight. I didn’t go to either school

I think I just pointed out a glaring weakness that is not talked about enough. Only 53% of the enrollment that MSU has. Only 2% of all college athletes go pro and that number is expontially less at the FCS level.

Beat your chest and call me dumb all you want but without the numbers to back up your argument it’s an invalid argument.

MT-Tech said:
Say whatever you want to, I don’t have a dog in this fight. I didn’t go to either school

I think I just pointed out a glaring weakness that is not talked about enough. Only 53% of the enrollment that MSU has. Only 2% of all college athletes go pro and that number is expontially less at the FCS level.

Beat your chest and call me dumb all you want but without the numbers to back up your argument it’s an invalid argument.

Cool... I assume you went/go to Tech?? So you know all too well about slumping enrollment. Maybe we should take this conversation to the "Enrollment Decline & Other Issues" forum instead of Montana Grizzlies FOOTBALL and the FCS??

Beating your chest on a football forum over enrollment numbers makes you appear dumb, without anyone having to call you it...

Chet_Ripley said:
MT-Tech said:

This. Minus 3rd & 30+ defensive fails.

And one other thought. The last two years has marked the first two in the last ten that UM has actually made it a priority to recruit & develop the lines, where, as the old saying goes, games are won. Bobby said clearly @ the beginning of this season that the offensive line would be the determining factor in the success of this season. Seems like he was right to me.

Chet_Ripley said:
MT-Tech said:

Cool... I assume you went/go to Tech?? So you know all too well about slumping enrollment. Maybe we should take this conversation to the "Enrollment Decline & Other Issues" forum instead of Montana Grizzlies FOOTBALL and the FCS??

Beating your chest on a football forum over enrollment numbers makes you appear dumb, without anyone having to call you it...

No chest beating from me. I think there happens to be a direct correlation between the school’s success and the athletic departments success.

Athletes at this level need a solid education because most won’t have the talent to compete professionally. Take Tech as an example. Couple years back the enrollment was swelling and the football team started making the playoffs. Same thing at MSU.

Catsrback76 said:
SubGriz said:

Still playing...FINAL 4 baby! :coffee:

AND...mark it, whoever we play, we beat next week! :thumb:

Noted and marked! Caution: Past performances do not predict future results.

MikeyGriz said:
Catsrback76 said:
SubGriz said:

Still playing...FINAL 4 baby! :coffee:

AND...mark it, whoever we play, we beat next week! :thumb:

Noted and marked! Caution: Past performances do not predict future results.
Add this to the "did not age well" bin.

Back