• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz add 3 more...

'68griz said:
MTGRZ said:
'68griz said:
Are we supposed to be excited?

Yes. These kids just got the opportunity of a lifetime. It's an awesome thing to be a college athlete, even better when it's at the University of Montana. Glad they get to be a part of a great family!
Okay, I agree with that. And, just perhaps, we have found a more reliable kicker than we have had the past few years.

To get Montana kids is great, but what we need is ONE Montana kid that can equal or surpass Dan Carpenter.

tourist said:
'68griz said:
MTGRZ said:
'68griz said:
Are we supposed to be excited?

Yes. These kids just got the opportunity of a lifetime. It's an awesome thing to be a college athlete, even better when it's at the University of Montana. Glad they get to be a part of a great family!
Okay, I agree with that. And, just perhaps, we have found a more reliable kicker than we have had the past few years.

To get Montana kids is great, but what we need is ONE Montana kid that can equal or surpass Dan Carpenter.

Our last kicker has, I believe, the 2nd highest FG made percentage in program history.

AZGrizFan said:
tourist said:
'68griz said:
MTGRZ said:

Our last kicker has, I believe, the 2nd highest FG made percentage in program history.

Can't argue with facts. Thanks. I doubt many remember field goals, other than game winners or losers. Remember Dan Carpenters last Griz kick? I do.

AZGrizFan said:
tourist said:
'68griz said:
MTGRZ said:

How about PAT's?

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
tourist said:
'68griz said:

How about PAT's?

Don’t know and too lazy to look it up.

tourist said:
AZGrizFan said:
tourist said:
'68griz said:

Can't argue with facts. Thanks. I doubt many remember field goals, other than game winners or losers. Remember Dan Carpenters last Griz kick? I do.

Oh, I remember. I got piss drunk right after that miss.

I think if that 07’ squad had just gotten by that dam triple option they win the chipper that year. That squad was good.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I think if that 07’ squad had just gotten by that dam triple option they win the chipper that year. That squad was good.

Good possibility.

Hot take, but I kind of doubt it.

It’s true, they were good, but by a lot of measures, they underwhelmed all year against the weakest schedule we probably ever had in a single season (the weakest OOC schedule, by far).

In addition, App State was just a juggernaut that year, and we would’ve had to beat Joe Flacco and Delaware had we gotten past them in the semis.

Couple that with Bagley’s season-ending injury, and while I think they could have, it’s not like it was a sure thing.

Man, the playoffs that year were nuts. #2 and #3 ( :( ) go down in the first round. JMU had App State beat in the first round, but fumbled the ball away on the goal line trying to run the clock down to kick the winning field goal. Then ASU just smashed Richmond and Delaware. I miss exciting FCS playoffs.

Carpenter wasn't afraid to lower the BOOM on people too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dZ0NXb8RpE

You will have to click: " Watch on Youtube" to see this video

Back