• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz 2021-22 Basketball Schedule

Assuming this is a true 3 game MTE (which it should be) that gives us 8 nonconference games and likely rounds out our home nonconference schedule, other then maybe a MT NAIA game. That leaves 3 remaining games. Of those, I would still guess that 2 of those spots will be road games against PAC 12 teams (Oregon and Washington???) and who knows what else. Possibly another non-conference home game in December, so we'll have to see.

Here's something I did not realize until last night. Our November 20 home game against Omaha is the same day as cat-Griz. cat-Griz is at noon and this game will likely be at 7. So if you're looking to get your Griz football and basketball fix all in one day this is your chance. I just hope we can all go to the basketball game in good spirits.

https://twitter.com/roccomiller8/status/1432772911367028737?s=20
The Zootown Classic, I like it. Let's make it an annual event!

And with that, the entire Griz non-conference schedule has been announced with an opening night tilt against Dickinson State and a December game against Yellowstone Christian. Only 2 P5 opponents this year. I think that’s the least ever under Decuire. Thanks to everybody who helped with this thread.
https://twitter.com/montanagrizbb/status/1432835089176481793?s=21

-No exhibitions announced yet. I assume we will have at least one before the Dickinson State game.

-What's the deal with conference games so early in December then almost a month gap between another conference game? Is there a statement from the conference on the reasoning? Seems less than ideal from a fluctuating-mindset angle.

BTW, here's the full schedule for those that didn't see or struggle with Twitter:

2021-22 Montana Basketball Schedule
Tuesday, Nov. 9 vs. Dickinson State
Saturday, Nov. 13 at Mississippi State
Monday, Nov. 15 at North Dakota
Saturday, Nov. 20 vs. Omaha
Wednesday, Nov. 24 vs. UC San Diego
Thursday, Nov. 25 vs. UNC Wilmington
Friday, Nov. 26 vs. Southern Mississippi
Monday, Nov. 29 at Oregon
Thursday, Dec. 2 at Sacramento State
Saturday, Dec. 4 at Northern Colorado
Wednesday, Dec. 8 vs. Air Force
Friday, Dec. 10 vs. Yellowstone Christian College
Sunday, Dec. 19 at Santa Clara
Thursday, Dec. 30 vs. Idaho State
Saturday, Jan. 1 vs. Weber State
Thursday, Jan. 6 at Eastern Washington
Saturday, Jan. 8 at Montana State
Thursday, Jan. 13 vs. Southern Utah
Thursday, Jan. 20 at Portland State
Saturday, Jan. 22 at Northern Arizona
Thursday, Jan. 27 vs. Idaho
Saturday, Jan. 29 vs. Eastern Washington
Thursday, Feb. 3 at Weber State
Saturday, Feb. 5 at Idaho State
Thursday, Feb. 10 vs. Northern Arizona
Saturday, Feb. 12 vs. Portland State
Thursday, Feb. 17 at Idaho
Thursday, Feb. 24 at Southern Utah
Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Montana State
Thursday, March 3 vs. Northern Colorado
Saturday, March 5 vs. Sacramento State
March 9-12 at Big Sky Conference tournament (Boise, Idaho)

DoubleNicks said:
-No exhibitions announced yet. I assume we will have at least one before the Dickinson State game.

-What's the deal with conference games so early in December then almost a month gap between another conference game? Is there a statement from the conference on the reasoning? Seems less than ideal from a fluctuating-mindset angle.
I believe it was because of the number of Monday games teams were playing and they wanted to reduce that.

GrizBall said:
Griz til I die said:
True! That’s gotta be a tough job. I feel for the head coach when it comes to recruiting cause there’s only a select few kids who would want to go there.

Also, I believe the AFA has a 6’8 height restriction. I thought it was something like you can’t fit in a jet if you are taller than that.

"Last May, the Air Force ditched the initial height requirement for pilots. Previously, those shorter than 5'4" or taller than 6'5" (64-77 inches) had to apply for a waiver. While the waiver process had existed since 2015, officials said many failed to take advantage of it."

They have 3 players 6'8" this year, and, perhaps, will feature taller players in the future.

Goodman posted the secret scrimmage schedule.

https://watchstadium.com/not-so-secret-list-of-2021-college-basketball-scrimmages-10-15-2021/

BIG SKY
Eastern Washington – 10/24 at Boise State
Idaho – None
Idaho State – None
Montana – 10/23 vs. Washington State; 10/31 vs. Western Washington
Montana State – None
Northern Arizona – 10/23 at New Mexico; 10/30 vs. UNLV
Northern Colorado – 10/22 vs. UCCS; 10/30 at Wyoming
Portland State – 10/26 vs. Western Oregon; 10/31 at Seattle
Sacramento State – 10/30 vs. USF
Southern Utah – 10/16 vs. Cal State Fullerton in Las Vegas; 10/30 vs. Westminster in Cedar City
Weber State – 10/30 vs. Utah Valley

Griz til I die said:
Assuming this is a true 3 game MTE (which it should be) that gives us 8 nonconference games and likely rounds out our home nonconference schedule, other then maybe a MT NAIA game. That leaves 3 remaining games. Of those, I would still guess that 2 of those spots will be road games against PAC 12 teams (Oregon and Washington???) and who knows what else. Possibly another non-conference home game in December, so we'll have to see.

Washington wants nothing to do with ANY griz team... :cool:

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1453830893706125322?s=21

Smith is the tallest man on their roster at 6’10 and averaged 13/8 last year. Watts, a PG is a former top 40 HS recruit that just transferred from Michigan State. Looks likely that neither will be available for the Griz game.

fanofzoo said:
Griz til I die said:

What about Oregon State? Nothing pisses me off more than former Griz players/coaches that move on to greener pastures and then refuse to pay the Griz. Tinks-I'm talking to you!!

Zirg said:
fanofzoo said:

What about Oregon State? Nothing pisses me off more than former Griz players/coaches that move on to greener pastures and then refuse to play the Griz. Tinks-I'm talking to you!!

Zirg said:
Zirg said:
What about Oregon State? Nothing pisses me off more than former Griz players/coaches that move on to greener pastures and then refuse to play the Griz. Tinks-I'm talking to you!!

You're not considering the possibility that Travis and Tinks don't want to play each other. That's usually how coaching buddies remain friends, by staying off each other's schedules.

Back