• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gotta Be Something Wrong Here…….

To be a good team, you have to have good players. For whatever reason, we don’t have good players. Quit dancing around the issue….we aren’t getting good mid-major players. Maybe we need to change our recruiting methods similar to football whereby we have been successful with the portal?

RoseyMustGo said:
Hoops watcher said:
Number 1 is no point guard. Parker's absence is huge. Bannan ends up handling the ball too much, not his forte though if he can make quick interior passes he succeeds. Tough to make plays when the D keys on you and double teams a lot.

Mooney is hot and cold, unfortunately not very consistent.

No depth nor, it seems, any attempt to get the young guys any minutes in order to develop depth.

Not much above average talent the last 5 years, given staff connections to the Seattle area how does Sprinkle get an A level talent like Evans and other than Anderson (Bobby was very solid and Nap looks promising TBF) and we can't?

So with minor nits completely concur with your take. Middle of the road squad, middle of the road results. A few years ago was usually excited to see the boys play anybody, no longer must see entertainment for me. Football is mostly over, the time to get fired up for college hoops heading into March. Was at the game when Doug Selvig dropped in the runner to beat Kellerman's #8 Idaho 40 years ago and have had many an exciting time at Lady G and Griz games since, that anticipation just isn't there anymore and I miss it.

Sounds like you are all-in on hiring a new BB coach......

Actually, I'd like to see a new offensive scheme and a de-pickling of eGriz.

Back