• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - Monmouth

mtgrizrule said:
Ugly- the overturn of the GRIZ defensive stand at the goal line, which was overturned as a TD for Monmouth. I watched the replays on the tv replay. I NEVER saw conclusive evidence to indicate that was a TD. Is it possible, did the officials have an angle of the play we didn't see as fans? That call has me totally perplexed.
Did anyone sitting in that area definitely see that was TD?

Yes, goal line. Looked like a TD to us, just weren't certain (in real time) exactly when his knee touched. Bizarre delay for certain but I was suprised it wasn't called a TD immediately. I would have called it so.

Zirg said:
Grisly Fan said:
I believe the overturn of the Sneed “fumble” to be incomplete was justified and accurate. The ball went forward without being touched by the defender which proves Sneed’s hand was moving forward even if just slightly. And since it was in a throwing motion then it was by definition an incomplete pass.

Throwing motion or whether the ball was moving forward doesn't matter if there is an "empty hand" and the ball is already out of the Qb's grip. The ball was not in Sneed's control or fully in his hand at all during his "throwing motion" fumble. An "empty hand' is always a fumble, and I still contend this was the case in this play.
The ball went forward. If his hand didn’t move it forward then what did?

Back