• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - EWU

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Great point. He was awesome!

Conversely, for some strange reason EWU decided to fair catch EVERY kickoff (and there were ELEVEN of them) except the last one….i didn’t understand that strategy then and I still don’t. I get that having Barriere means just get him the ball and let him do his thing, but Stitt tried that and it didn’t work then, didn’t work now.

Coach Best addressed that. Essentially said Griz we’re too good on ST, and Bobby was an expert. So was fine with starting on 25 yard line.

Understand the idea. Though it was odd. Little old lady (eagles fan) next to me was very mad the Griz fans were booing her team. She didn’t know why

Bad - Eastern dropped 2 TD's and Barrier missed Boston - wide open, for another TD. Not sure if it was blown coverages or someone fell down, etc. Can't happen against JMU

Grizzlies1982 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Conversely, for some strange reason EWU decided to fair catch EVERY kickoff (and there were ELEVEN of them) except the last one….i didn’t understand that strategy then and I still don’t. I get that having Barriere means just get him the ball and let him do his thing, but Stitt tried that and it didn’t work then, didn’t work now.

Coach Best addressed that. Essentially said Griz we’re too good on ST, and Bobby was an expert. So was fine with starting on 25 yard line.

Understand the idea. Though it was odd. Little old lady (eagles fan) next to me was very mad the Griz fans were booing her team. She didn’t know why
Not really odd at all. Data clearly shows the 25 is the best you can expect against the Griz coverage. And you can avoid some physical damage.

Grizzlies1982 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I feel like Garrett Graves’ performance returning kicks has been glossed over this week….That dude absolutely WRECKED EWU’s strategy of not kicking to Flowers….HE should have gotten Haley’s game ball, not Barriere.

Great point. He was awesome!

The pride of Lincoln County High is a hell of an athlete. I've loved how much better he has gotten as the season has progressed, no matter where he plays.

kemajic said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

Not really odd at all. Data clearly shows the 25 is the best you can expect against the Griz coverage. And you can avoid some physical damage.

The reason they actually returned the last one was because the previous penalty (Ford throwing the ball into the stands after his pick 6) was enforced on the kickoff.

grizfan406 said:
kemajic said:

The reason they actually returned the last one was because the previous penalty (Ford throwing the ball into the stands after his pick 6) was enforced on the kickoff.

That’s right, I forgot about that.

Can I just say how much I enjoyed booing them the whole game for not returning the kickoffs? Really a good time. Also, when the ref told us not to blow whistles in the stands and everyone that could make the high pitch loud whistle noise whistles at him. Great time.

dupuyer griz said:
Can I just say how much I enjoyed booing them the whole game for not returning the kickoffs? Really a good time. Also, when the ref told us not to blow whistles in the stands and everyone that could make the high pitch loud whistle noise whistles at him. Great time.

I got a hearty chuckle out of that as well.

dupuyer griz said:
My buddy next to me at the game was laughing about it, but was like "This is stupid, why are we suddenly doing this now?"

So every time it happened after that, I just turned and booed in his face. :lol:

Back