• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Geno Crandall to the Zags

For some reason, when I posted this, I was still thinking of Oguine as a Jr, which he just was. Meanwhile, I didn't think this for Rorie, being he is a year ahead of Oguine academically. Thanks for catching my mistake. I honestly don't know how thought that. lol

Zirg said:
braves84 said:
casewinter13 said:
Zirg said:
Crandell was a lot better 2 years ago, at least in the games I saw. He couldn't do it on his own last year with everyone focusing their defense on him. He's a cry-baby when things don't go his way, which I am sure is why is is transferring. "I only wanna play on a winner". He'll be a good contributor on a great team, when the focus is off him, but he doesn't impress me overall. He is a good player on good teams, but not a leader at all.
Almost none of that was accurate. Well done

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
agree with you, he's pretty much the very opposite of what the other guy posted. I would guess he won't start, but will get his share of valuable minuets.

Why is a NDSU fan giving a UND player props anyways? That's a first. You aren't even in the same conference and why you are trolling this topic (or this forum at all) eludes me. Crandell was on winning teams the previous 5 seasons, including 3 state hs titles and an NCAA app. He had his first losing season (12-20) when everyone was heavily counting on him, and now he abandons ship for greener pastures after failing? That's not a leader to me. He was 0-3 vs Montana last year including a 30-pt loss in Msla when UND was still revered and considered " a team to beat". Crandell scored 9 (in the 30 pt loss),13 and 17 in the 3 games and 9 turnovers and was a huge flop when everyone was counting on him. Oguine, in particular shut his ass down. Maybe you only watched his "good" games, but his team was not good last year, the first time he was ever the #1 option on his team. Again, I think he will be affective as a piece to a good team, but he can not lead a team on his own. That was proven last year.

I've said it numerous times, I've followed the griz programs for years and been a fan. Not a troll at all.
Just because I'm a fan of ndsu doesn't mean I'm a hater of opposing players of other teams. I have a lot of respect for players like Cooper kupp while he was at e.w.u., Santiago at u.n.d. or goedert at sdsu all exceptional athlete's, if you can't that's your issue.
I just agree with casewinter on this, saw crandell numerous times it was a totally different role on a rebuilding team. As for transferring that's his perogative. Will be looking forward to this up coming season for the griz and bison. That's all.

braves84 said:
Zirg said:
braves84 said:
casewinter13 said:
Almost none of that was accurate. Well done

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
agree with you, he's pretty much the very opposite of what the other guy posted. I would guess he won't start, but will get his share of valuable minuets.

Why is a NDSU fan giving a UND player props anyways? That's a first. You aren't even in the same conference and why you are trolling this topic (or this forum at all) eludes me. Crandell was on winning teams the previous 5 seasons, including 3 state hs titles and an NCAA app. He had his first losing season (12-20) when everyone was heavily counting on him, and now he abandons ship for greener pastures after failing? That's not a leader to me. He was 0-3 vs Montana last year including a 30-pt loss in Msla when UND was still revered and considered " a team to beat". Crandell scored 9 (in the 30 pt loss),13 and 17 in the 3 games and 9 turnovers and was a huge flop when everyone was counting on him. Oguine, in particular shut his ass down. Maybe you only watched his "good" games, but his team was not good last year, the first time he was ever the #1 option on his team. Again, I think he will be affective as a piece to a good team, but he can not lead a team on his own. That was proven last year.

I've said it numerous times, I've followed the griz programs for years and been a fan. Not a troll at all.
Just because I'm a fan of ndsu doesn't mean I'm a hater of opposing players of other teams. I have a lot of respect for players like Cooper kupp while he was at e.w.u., Santiago at u.n.d. or goedert at sdsu all exceptional athlete's, if you can't that's your issue.
I just agree with casewinter on this, saw crandell numerous times it was a totally different role on a rebuilding team. As for transferring that's his perogative. Will be looking forward to this up coming season for the griz and bison. That's all.

[/quote]

well, fair enough about being an NDSU fan. It just seems odd to defend an UND player and most NDSU fans who post here are trolling to some degree. We've had a spirited debate, but I respect your passion and opinion (now). The whole grad-transfer rule that I dislike is a seperate animal/issue entirely and I agree it's Crandell's prerogative and will likely benefit him with more exposure. I never doubted that.

Geno Crandall is not yet enrolled at Gonzaga since he has not graduated at UND.

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2018/8/29/17798408/gonzaga-bulldogs-roster-geno-crandall-grad-transfer

Let's see what BigSky33 has to say on this. He showed how reliable he was on whether Vernon Adams was going to go or stay. Ha.

maroon said:

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2018/8/29/17798408/gonzaga-bulldogs-roster-geno-crandall-grad-transfer

Can't say I am surprised. This guy doesn't know what the hell he wants or the ability to make it happen. I guess maybe I was right to question this guy's mental fortitude.

This article doesn't necessarily back my anti-Crandell campaign, but I feel it is worthy of reading, even if I end up being wrong.

If Crandall can complete everything he needs to, and dot and cross every letter required, he would be enrolling in the second session of Gonzaga’s grad program, which begins on Oct. 23. As a graduate transfer, he would become immediately eligible.
For the Gonzaga Bulldogs, this is beyond huge news. Although Crandall has not practiced at all with the team, he will still have roughly a month before the Maui Invitational to dip his feet into Mark Few’s coaching system. The first three games on the schedule (not including the exhibition against Central Washington University) are against Idaho State, Texas Southern, and Texas A&M.
Crandall will have plenty of room in those three games to make errors, learn from his mistakes, and go forward. Most importantly, we will get to see how Josh Perkins is able to play with another veteran ball handler in the back court. Perkins excelled his sophomore season alongside Nigel Williams-Goss (hell, who wouldn’t, I’d probably excel at pickup next to NWG), but last season, he was taxed as the only true ball handler on GU’s squad.
An interesting question that will come from all of this is what to make of the starting five. Obviously, Perkins, Killian Tillie, and Rui Hachimura are all starting. Theoretically, Brandon Clarke will be in that starting rotation as well. Crandall didn’t arrive at Gonzaga to come off the bench, but Zach Norvell, in his play last season and the fact he is practicing with the team right now, might’ve earned that starting spot at the two guard.
These of course, are the good problems to have. Crandall was the top grad-transfer on the market, and Gonzaga knew that first hand. After all, Crandall dropped 28 points in an overtime loss to Gonzaga last season like it was no big deal.
With him (theoretically) back on the squad, the Zags are most definitely a top-5 team and a Final Four threat. Spelling some minutes for Perkins at point guard was the one hole this team had, and the puzzle pieces look like they are finally coming together.

maroon said:

Geno completed the course work needed to graduate and is now on the Gonzaga roster. The Zags should be good. They have a tough non-conference schedule.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/oct/13/geno-crandall-completes-school-work-joins-gonzaga-/

maroon said:
maroon said:

Geno completed the course work needed to graduate and is now on the Gonzaga roster. The Zags should be good. They have a tough non-conference schedule.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/oct/13/geno-crandall-completes-school-work-joins-gonzaga-/

Good to hear, thanks for the update, maroon. He will fill a definite need for the Zags.

AllWeatherFan said:
maroon said:
maroon said:

Good to hear, thanks for the update, maroon. He will fill a definite need for the Zags.

He's a hell-of-a-talent, which nobody disagrees about, but my god what a pain-in-the-ass. I still maintain his prima-donna ways are not over. He wants to be THE star. He's never been a team player and I'm not sure he'll be able to fully-embrace a diminished role
. Just saying:

"The Crandall situation was as complicated as they come for all parties involved. He announced his attention to transfer to Gonzaga before his degree was completed, not that odd of a task. Crandall, however, was unable to complete whatever summer work was required for his degree (a reported 19!!! credits). The Zags removed him from the roster sheet in late August."

In his first game with the 'zags he finished the game with 9 pts, 6 assists in about 25 minuets. Thought
he looked pretty good considering it was his first game with new team, granted it was against Idaho state . Happy for the kid.

Back