• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS STATS Poll (Oct 14) - Griz #5

IdaGriz01 said:
krammer said:
ida....a question for the wizard of poll ratings......in your opinion, with the exception of the kitties,,,which team is the most over rated regardless of where they are in the current poll ?
Two or three decent candidates. But Kennesaw State wins hands down, IMO. Not that they don't deserve to be ranked ... that 3-1 (D-I) record has to count for something. But them being in the top-10 tells you just how lazy/ill-informed the pollsters are.

I might be willing to slot them in somewhere around 18-22. I believe we have their game against Charleston Southern recorded. Haven't actually watched it. I might change my mind if we do look in on it ... but Chas Southern is total crap (1-5), so I doubt it. :)

And the problem is, with that schedule, they probably won’t lose again this year, will suck up a top 3 seed, and then roll over like a $2 hooker when they face a real team in the 2nd round. Meanwhile, some other more deserving squad gets the fucking Bataan Death March to the quarterfinals because they didn’t go 11-1 against Little Sister Mary of the Blind...

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
krammer said:
ida....a question for the wizard of poll ratings......in your opinion, with the exception of the kitties,,,which team is the most over rated regardless of where they are in the current poll ?
Two or three decent candidates. But Kennesaw State wins hands down, IMO. Not that they don't deserve to be ranked ... that 3-1 (D-I) record has to count for something. But them being in the top-10 tells you just how lazy/ill-informed the pollsters are.

I might be willing to slot them in somewhere around 18-22. I believe we have their game against Charleston Southern recorded. Haven't actually watched it. I might change my mind if we do look in on it ... but Chas Southern is total crap (1-5), so I doubt it. :)
And the problem is, with that schedule, they probably won’t lose again this year, will suck up a top 3 seed, and then roll over like a $2 hooker when they face a real team in the 2nd round. Meanwhile, some other more deserving squad gets the f***[*] Bataan Death March to the quarterfinals because they didn’t go 11-1 against Little Sister Mary of the Blind...
Right on the money. We just did a "highlight reel" view of the Kennesaw - Chas So game. K-State does still run their option attack. It's totally predictable and not that powerful, but Chas-So didn't have the speed (or perhaps the athletic ability) to really slow it down. Add in an inability to tackle, and the K-State runners were able to turn routine runs into long gainers. Pitiful.

Trouble is, as you note, who in the Big South is going to even make them break a sweat? The Campbell Fighting :lol: Camels? We know about North Alabama and Monmouth. Hell, Monmouth only lost to the Griz by 20 ... maybe they can do something. Anybody want to put money on that? ... I didn't think so.

IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
krammer said:

And the problem is, with that schedule, they probably won’t lose again this year, will suck up a top 3 seed, and then roll over like a $2 hooker when they face a real team in the 2nd round. Meanwhile, some other more deserving squad gets the f***[*] Bataan Death March to the quarterfinals because they didn’t go 11-1 against Little Sister Mary of the Blind...
Right on the money. We just did a "highlight reel" view of the Kennesaw - Chas So game. K-State does still run their option attack. It's totally predictable and not that powerful, but Chas-So didn't have the speed (or perhaps the athletic ability) to really slow it down. Add in an inability to tackle, and the K-State runners were able to turn routine runs into long gainers. Pitiful.

Trouble is, as you note, who in the Big South is going to even make them break a sweat? The Campbell Fighting :lol: Camels? We know about North Alabama and Monmouth. Hell, Monmouth only lost to the Griz by 20 ... maybe they can do something. Anybody want to put money on that? ... I didn't think so.
Monmouth, even though the game is at Kennesaw St.

kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:
... Trouble is, as you note, who in the Big South is going to even make them break a sweat? The Campbell Fighting :lol: Camels? We know about North Alabama and Monmouth. Hell, Monmouth only lost to the Griz by 20 ... maybe they can do something. Anybody want to put money on that? ... I didn't think so.
Monmouth, even though the game is at Kennesaw St.
Actually, Monmouth might indeed have a chance. But, like most teams, K-State is tough at home so I still give them a slight edge. Of course, that game is three weeks away and a lot can change.

I think IF at the end of the regular season, if both Montana and Kennesaw State are 11-2 but KSU is ranked a spot higher in the polls, I don't see how the committee DOESN'T give Montana the higher seed. This scenario happened in 2011 with Northern Iowa and the Griz having the same record and UNI was ranked higher, but Montana was awarded the higher seed over UNI.

IdaGriz01 said:
krammer said:

thanks Ida..... :thumb:

Back