• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Playoffs- Semi Final Round

marceagfan5 said:
Spanky2 said:
Why cheer for them? It doesn’t help UM if they win. In fact, it will help their recruiting efforts against us.

Well...You could look at it like the better the conference does in the postseason, the better seeding, the better games, and more credibility will come in the future for BSC teams...

And...UM and EWU don’t compete for a ton of kids in recruiting, maybe only a couple a year...
I would think we compete for more than two kids per year. If it’s only one, it doesn’t make any sense to cheer for a team that is clearly more dominant than the Griz in the conference.

In the playoffs, I will root for any Big Sky team -- except, of course, the Cats. I just never root for the Cats.

Spanky2 said:
marceagfan5 said:
Spanky2 said:
Why cheer for them? It doesn’t help UM if they win. In fact, it will help their recruiting efforts against us.

Well...You could look at it like the better the conference does in the postseason, the better seeding, the better games, and more credibility will come in the future for BSC teams...

And...UM and EWU don’t compete for a ton of kids in recruiting, maybe only a couple a year...
I would think we compete for more than two kids per year. If it’s only one, it doesn’t make any sense to cheer for a team that is clearly more dominant than the Griz in the conference.

I think you’d be surprised how little Montana and EWU go after the same kid in recruiting. Part of that is UM and MSU have a stranglehold on Montana kids and most schools won’t even try

I don’t get you guys! Forget recruiting, they are still looking to further our demise. You are cheering for an enemy.

The most important thing to take away from the playoffs is the realistic observation that we have a long way to go before we are competitive again.

uofmman1122 said:
zirge said:
Spanky2 said:
Eastern would like to relegate the Griz to oblivion. If you want to cheer for a competitor, be my guest. Do you think Auburn fans cheer for Alabama, Oregon fans for Washington, Ohio State fans for Michigan, North Carolina fans for Duke?
I would have to disagree with your first statement, the only way they could do this is to continue to win the big sky over the next several years to become a powerhouse that the Griz use to be
We dominated the Big Sky from 2000-2009, and EWU won the NC in 2010, so I'm not sure if that's how it works.
you are right, that was the turning point for both teams, we putted around with a couple of winning seasons made it to the playoff rounds with no real success after 09........the last 6-7 years have been mediocre at best and the eagles seem to be that big sky thorn in everyone else's side. they earned it just like we earned what we accomplished over the last several years.....so good for them. in the end it is the coaching and the players physically interpreting this that creates good football, the eagles are doing this this year.

Latest posts

Back