• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS playoff changes

This should be good in theory, but with how subjective the seedings would be for 9-16, what’s stopping them from just giving the teams that would have bid more the new seeds, or gaming it to force regionalization? Putting one team at #12 over another at #13 is pretty arbitrary, at that point. I think it’s a good change, but cynically I don’t think it’ll change all that much.

Well on a positive note, maybe they'll get it right and it will provide an additional layer of intrigue given we won't have to see all the same teams on our side of the bracket...

"The NCAA reached a new eight-year agreement with ESPN worth $115 million annually to televise 40 college sports championships each year starting in the 2024 fall, including the FCS playoffs. The previous deal signed in 2011 was $34 million per year. That’s an $81 million annual increase in revenue to help support improved championship tournaments." How will that relate to the FCS ?

"The NCAA reached a new eight-year agreement with ESPN worth $115 million annually to televise 40 college sports championships each year starting in the 2024 fall, including the FCS playoffs. The previous deal signed in 2011 was $34 million per year. That’s an $81 million annual increase in revenue to help support improved championship tournaments." How will that relate to the FCS ?
I think we've already seen one result for FCS: The deeper seeding change, with (hopefully) less use of regionalization. That is, a small part of the new $$$ could go for more travel cost. However, I wouldn't expect a lot more than that. Most, I suspect, will go to non-revenue sports (bigger fields, more women's competition, etc).

Love it. Should result in more evenly balanced brackets and stop the inter-conference games happening so early. While the outcome was hilarious Bozeman drawing NDSU in their first game last year was not really fair for a 6 seed.
Anything that happens negatively to Bozeman is not only fair but the will of Allah. They should be dropped to the Frontier conference and every home owner in that cesspit should by forced to watch Yellowstone on an endless loop. IMO

Latest posts

Back