• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FBS to Form New Subdivision

Something else to consider here is the Big 5 might be able to play mid major teams Mid 5 for OOC warm up games. I see no way they play what are FCS teams know! That would be like a current PAC 12 team playing a DII school. Not going to happen. FCS not playing big money games with Big 5 teams could be crushing to some programs. I would imagine there is a possibility that the Big 5 looks to play OOC games with other conferences in the Big 5. I think we are at the tip of the iceberg with this. I think the face of college football will be vastly different in the next 5 years. Hopefully the Mid majors and top FCS can look at this and structure a bit more regional and stop conferences from having teams on the east coast and west coast! I think honestly this will be a good thing in the long run.

Silvertip said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Silvertip said:
:sleep: To all of the breast beaters who proclaim they were the first to predict the reshuffling of D-1 - let's be honest. That was about as difficult as stating the sun will rise in the east and set in the west. Even the naysayers clinging to their FCS playoff brackets seem to have come around, with notable exceptions including resident analyst Brint W who couldn't resist resurrecting the long discredited comparison of the Griz with Idaho as the reason for ignoring the future. Borrring! Those who will not recognize change will surely be run over by it...

Spoken like a guy who wasn't the first to predict this. Just sayin'.

More like Just guess'n...those with functioning memory banks or a penchant for checking the archives know that Ol Tip was waaay out front on this issue (earning more horse thrashing emoticons than deserved). Only modesty kept me from mentioning it before - along with a reluctance to state the obvious...

There's a spot at the end of the line of challengers. Hop in.

Silvertip said:
More like Just guess'n...those with functioning memory banks or a penchant for checking the archives know that Ol Tip was waaay out front on this issue (earning more horse thrashing emoticons than deserved). Only modesty kept me from mentioning it before - along with a reluctance to state the obvious...

srcstc.gif

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Silvertip said:

srcstc.gif

Oh, please, Bjorn. Get off your high-thrashed horse, will ya? Tip gave just enough of his prediction for the recipients to know he was there (and just for a second, just to see how it felt), but he waited until the deal was fully-lubed before he went BD on this thing.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Silvertip said:

srcstc.gif

Oh, please, Bjorn. Get off your high-thrashed horse, will ya? Tip gave just enough of his prediction for the recipients to know he was there (and just for a second, just to see how it felt), but he waited until the deal was fully-lubed before he went BD on this thing.

Don't make me laugh, CdA...on second thought you already have... :lol:

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Silvertip said:
More like Just guess'n..'s.those with functioning memory banks or a penchant for checking the archives know that Ol Tip was waaay out front on this issue (earning more horse thrashing emoticons than deserved). Only modesty kept me from mentioning it before - along with a reluctance to state the obvious...

srcstc.gif

Derp is derp and tip is derp, sorry it has come to that.

Back