• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fall Camp starts

signedbewildered said:
I had forgotten about swagger. Seems that was a big thread topic here when Stitt took over for Mick. We got it back! Wait a minute, no we didn't. It has to be back this time right?

It will be. Players say intensity is up 110% over the last coach.

day/night

Heard from one of our great centers that there is no singing kumbayya in the locker room, now.

I’m looking for a run 1st, smash mouth offense. Toughness in all phases both physically and mentally. Solid fundamental football by the entire team!!

It may take a bit to get the pieces in place but will bring wins as soon as it happens.

Looking for improvements in:
1) Kick return game
2) Run blocking
3) Offensive play calling
4) On the field leadership

Paytonlives said:
August 7th

What improvements are you looking for?
(There has already been enough Stitt vs Hauck crap... let’s look forward)

I will be watching the young and very talented O-line, if they have a great season so will the Griz

That's like in almost 2 weeks. Yes.

fanofzoo said:
signedbewildered said:
I had forgotten about swagger. Seems that was a big thread topic here when Stitt took over for Mick. We got it back! Wait a minute, no we didn't. It has to be back this time right?

day/night

Heard from one of our great centers that there is no singing kumbayya in the locker room, now.

Good , thank God. This isn't the fucking girl scouts its Griz football.
#RTD #FTC

signedbewildered said:

day/night
I'm a little worried about the intensity of those players claiming 110%. If their personal intensity was up to 125%, that would increase the team intensity.

Consistency is what I'm looking for. That's literally it. If we were consistent the last 2 years on both sides of the ball we would have been playoff teams.
list of games we win if we were just consistent:

2016: Cal Poly, N. Colorado, maybe Montana State. Would have been 8-3 or 9-2
2017: EWU, MSU again 9-2 or 8-3 worst case

Everyone keeps thinking we are a long ways away from winning 9 or 10 games but really we aren't. One thing you always saw when BH was here before was consistency. He hoped his offense would score about mid 30s and we wouldn't give up more that 25. the last 7 years at least, sometimes we scored 40-50-60 and sometimes we scored 15. you cant have that...and expect to win.

mtgrizfankb said:
Consistency is what I'm looking for. That's literally it. If we were consistent the last 2 years on both sides of the ball we would have been playoff teams.

Everyone keeps thinking we are a long ways away from winning 9 or 10 games but really we aren't. One thing you always saw when BH was here before was consistency. He hoped his offense would score about mid 30s and we wouldn't give up more that 25. the last 7 years at least, sometimes we scored 40-50-60 and sometimes we scored 15. you cant have that...and expect to win.

One could argue (and I'm dead serious and have acknowledged this here a number of times in the past) that's because Stitt's Offense (and Semore's defensive scheme, really) looked like world beaters against average/mediocre teams and racked up eye-popping stats, but didn't generally perform well at all against upper echelon teams/coaches. Then when those stats are averaged out over a year, they look great, but in reality it's mostly compiled against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Kind of the same issue I have with my Diamondbacks right now in MLB. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PhxGriz said:
signedbewildered said:

day/night
I'm a little worried about the intensity of those players claiming 110%. If their personal intensity was up to 125%, that would increase the team intensity.

This is spot on, PhxGriz! I tend to believe that real personal intensity begins at 123.5%. 110% is phoning it in.

I want to be known as the team nobody wants to play again! I want to see a defense! I want beer in the stadium for all, not just the upstairs club! I want music loud again! I want an announcer who can say, 1st
down..........................................., and hear the crowd yell Montana! I want Monte to come into the seats and interact with the crowd and stop that running into the goal post. I want a new tunnel run song! I want to be in my tailgate right now!

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

One could argue (and I'm dead serious and have acknowledged this here a number of times in the past) that's because Stitt's Offense (and Semore's defensive scheme, really) looked like world beaters against average/mediocre teams and racked up eye-popping stats, but didn't generally perform well at all against upper echelon teams/coaches. Then when those stats are averaged out over a year, they look great, but in reality it's mostly compiled against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Kind of the same issue I have with my Diamondbacks right now in MLB. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not only are the stats a mess but think about playing on defense. One game your out there for 60 plays and the offense is just throwin up numbers and you can be aggressive and take chances. Then you turn around and have to play 100 plays and try and get the ball back 15 times because your offense put up 7 3 and outs. That Isn’t fun for those guys and it creates some anger and frustration. No matter how good the locker room is. If you know what’s expected of you every single week your job is a lot easier than one that changes expectations game over game

mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Not only are the stats a mess but think about playing on defense. One game your out there for 60 plays and the offense is just throwin up numbers and you can be aggressive and take chances. Then you turn around and have to play 100 plays and try and get the ball back 15 times because your offense put up 7 3 and outs. That Isn’t fun for those guys and it creates some anger and frustration. No matter how good the locker room is. If you know what’s expected of you every single week your job is a lot easier than one that changes expectations game over game

Even more difficult, I would think was the Jekyl/Hyde performances....the EWU 1st Half/2nd Half performances. WSU 1st Half/2nd Half performances.....those have GOT to be just huge confidence killers...when you never know which team is going to show up.

reinell30 said:
I want to be known as the team nobody wants to play again! I want to see a defense! I want beer in the stadium for all, not just the upstairs club! I want music loud again! I want an announcer who can say, 1st
down..........................................., and hear the crowd yell Montana! Then, "Move the Chains; Move the Chains!" I want Monte to come into the seats and interact with the crowd and stop that running into the goal post. I want a new tunnel run song! I want to be in my tailgate right now!
Fixed it.

I want (1) sustained drives wo turnovers that lead to scores, eat up clock and rest the D. And (2) defensive schemes that challenge every first down and contain big plays.

Back