• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for the Griz BB Team

I too love having Montana kids on our BB team. The great Grizzly teams of the past always had some in-state starters on the team. Not sure how hard Travis recruits these in-state kids. If a sophomore high school player shows promise to develop into a Division 1 talent, we should be all over him. It seems like our current staff waits until an in-state kid is a senior before they show him any love.

Anyone got an opinion how how good our recruiting efforts are for Montana players? Could it be much better than it is currently?

LaJollaGriz said:
I too love having Montana kids on our BB team. The great Grizzly teams of the past always had some in-state starters on the team. Not sure how hard Travis recruits these in-state kids. If a sophomore high school player shows promise to develop into a Division 1 talent, we should be all over him. It seems like our current staff waits until an in-state kid is a senior before they show him any love.

Anyone got an opinion how how good our recruiting efforts are for Montana players? Could it be much better than it is currently?

There is less reason than ever to recruit Montana High-School players. Every D1 team has guys that are looking to transfer, and they are all better than 99% of Montana high-school seniors. The #1 recruiting place for Mid-Major and lower D1 programs is ALL about getting D1 transfers now. What percentage of Big Sky starting players came from other D1 programs originally? I don't know the actually number, but I know it's higher this year than it's ever been and will continue to be with these lenient transfer rules.

Back