• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU just lost $750,000.00

tourist said:
At $30/seat, 25,000 seats at WGS, Central Washington canceling cost UM $750,000.

Add in concessions et al, topping a mil lost revenue . Holding out hope that Morehead St ooc still happens

I wonder if football will survive at EWU. It and athletics were having financial and political problems before the pandemic. How can large expenses for football be justified if the university's academic side is struggling to survive, or get by? I hope EWU figures it out. They've become a terrific football program and rival, and have had some very exciting players.

PlayerRep said:
I wonder if football will survive at EWU. It and athletics were having financial and political problems before the pandemic. How can large expenses for football be justified if the university's academic side is struggling to survive, or get by? I hope EWU figures it out. They've become a terrific football program and rival, and have had some very exciting players.

100% agree. Losing EWU would be terrible for the conference.

Da Boyz Mom said:
PlayerRep said:

Don’t worry....EWU isn’t going anywhere. The financial discussion happens every few years at EWU and this year it’s a bigger deal because of the pandemic as well...

marceagfan5 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Don’t worry....EWU isn’t going anywhere. The financial discussion happens every few years at EWU and this year it’s a bigger deal because of the pandemic as well...
No one in the BSC has more to lose because of the pandemic than Montana. Just compare gameday revenues. And enrollment will be further damaged.

kemajic said:
marceagfan5 said:
No one in the BSC has more to lose because of the pandemic than Montana. Just compare gameday revenues. And enrollment will be further damaged.

Agreed....that’s the issue I don’t think is being looked at enough. Not only do you have the loss of revenue for the games and still maintain the football expenses, but enrollments going to significantly drop for a lot of schools as well.

Back