• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Eric Curry sucks as a ref

mthoopsfan

He’s been terrible in Colo v Florida game. Called a few horrible fouls. Riles up the Florida coach and then gives him a technical.
Big Sky refs should be banned from ncaa tourney. Or at least most of them.

He’s been terrible in Colo v Florida game. Called a few horrible fouls. Riles up the Florida coach and then gives him a technical.
Is he the bald guy? Nothing against bald guys or comb overs.

Curry refs all over the west. PAC2, MTNwest, big sky. And yes, he’s terrible. Pineda who screwed Samford last night also refs some big sky games.

Cat and Griz fans don’t agree on a lot, but despising Eric Curry is definitely one common bond

Curry refs all over the west. PAC2, MTNwest, big sky. And yes, he’s terrible. Pineda who screwed Samford last night also refs some big sky games.

Cat and Griz fans don’t agree on a lot, but despising Eric Curry is definitely one common bond
That phantom foul on the block was criminal.

There’s definitely some bad refs that feel they need to “insert” themselves into the game.
Agreed. I hate refs who blow whistle when they assume something must have happened but didn’t see what happened. And refs who make calls when they are blocked from seeing contact, if any. And refs who make too many calls when zero advantage is gained (unless too egregious not to call). On the other hand, I like some no-calls when there has been big contact and it isn’t clear what to call.

Agreed. I hate refs who blow whistle when they assume something must have happened but didn’t see what happened. And refs who make calls when they are blocked from seeing contact, if any. And refs who make too many calls when zero advantage is gained (unless too egregious not to call). On the other hand, I like some no-calls when there has been big contact and it isn’t clear what to call.
Or when a ref misses an obvious call and makes up for it by calling it on the other end of the court.

I heard it was the Idaho band. But you probably know.....
Good point. Did you notice the times I said Yale hired the Idaho band? Did you notice that I was the first to point this out on egriz? Do you think Houston isn't going to the Final Four? Did you or your son hoops son ever play a minute of D1 varsity basketball? Did you ever accomplish anything in life?

I almost got thrown out of a game once for calling out an official by name, when I thought he made a questionable call. He knew me and I knew him. He called game management over, pointed at me, and had them give me a warning. Later, he and I laughed over it at a local bar. I don't yell as much, at refs, as I did in the past. They have a hard job to do and most of them do their best to get it right and be fair about it. However, there are a few who probably should find something else to do, for most of the reasons mentioned above.

Note: I won't promise to not yell at refs in the future, because, you know, REFS...

I almost got thrown out of a game once for calling out an official by name, when I thought he made a questionable call. He knew me and I knew him. He called game management over, pointed at me, and had them give me a warning. Later, he and I laughed over it at a local bar. I don't yell as much, at refs, as I did in the past. They have a hard job to do and most of them do their best to get it right and be fair about it. However, there are a few who probably should find something else to do, for most of the reasons mentioned above.

Note: I won't promise to not yell at refs in the future, because, you know, REFS...
My gripe is not with bad or missed calls. It’s with bad refs who continue to ref or who act like prima donnas.

Good point. Did you notice the times I said Yale hired the Idaho band? Did you notice that I was the first to point this out on egriz? Do you think Houston isn't going to the Final Four? Did you or your son hoops son ever play a minute of D1 varsity basketball? Did you ever accomplish anything in life?
I just noticed the time you said "Yale hired the Yale band"! I saw the story a few days ago. Was going to be the first to post it on egriz....but figured I'd let you make yet another total nonsensical post.

I could point it out, you could belittle me and my boy then brag about your son's college "career" watching lots of big time SEC football games.

I just noticed the time you said "Yale hired the Yale band"! I saw the story a few days ago. Was going to be the first to post it on egriz....but figured I'd let you make yet another total nonsensical post.

I could point it out, you could belittle me and my boy then brag about your son's college "career" watching lots of big time SEC football games.
You are just jealous and have a chip on your shoulder because you have never achieved. And never was good enough to play college level varsity sports. One son of mine played college football. He also graduated from a good private college. He makes enough money to follow teams closely. He likes going to the FBS playoffs and national championship game if his team is in it. Did you even make it to Frisco? Another son played college rugby instead of accepting offer to play D1 football, and was best at his rugby position in state, was an Army Ranger deployed to Iraq twice as a sniper and door to door guy, and is now a lawyer. One daughter played college sports, was her team captain, and is doing well as a big firm lawyer in NYC.

Back