• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern 2022 Regular Season Predictions

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
You could be right - we'll see! EWU is always pretty damn tough. Last year they beat everyone on their schedule except losing to Weber by 1 point, and the CATS by 3 points. Then won a playoff game and then lost to you. I'll be shocked if they have a losing record.

I wouldn't mind it if they had a good year. I miss chopping it up with their fans who used to post in here. If they go 5-6, we may never hear from them again. Now, I hope the Bizon go 0-11, cancel the program, fold up the university, and all of their wins are vacated amid a massive FBI money laundering/illegal importing of cream cheese investigation.

HA, I wish! Ain't nuthin stoppin that gravy train.....

I doubt EWU goes 5-6 despite some parallels to the last time they had a losing record in 2006 with two FBS games (WVU and Oregon State) and also had to replace Meyer/Kimble which pretty much carried the entire offense. EWU did emerge pretty strong after that season though with Nichols going on to be a very good QB. This time around EWU has much better depth, though I'd argue the Big Sky as a whole is better than it was in 2006.

Sac State/Montana/Montana State are probably the scariest games but at least EWU has Sac State at home in mid-October (weather could play a factor if EWU can handle the elements better) and Montana State the week after the early season bye week. Yea Weber could be tough, but I still think EWU beats them.

AZGrizFan said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
They get a lot of kids with a chip on their shoulder who didn't receive an offer from other schools even though there's a genetic line of professional athletes in their family. If I were a betting person, I'd bet they split their money games and roll through the conference business as usual. Those kids who go there are busting their ass in the weight room and the summer conditioning program right now.

What are our kids doing? Eating donuts and going to pride parades? :lol:

no, pushing big weight, then later *waving a u.s. flag while standing in the back of a truck, screaming "stop the steal" repeatedly, all while being driven around the busier parts of town*.

*i am being sarcastic

Back