• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Do your part Griz Nation!

Griz til I die said:
PlayerRep said:
I donated my several thousand of tickets within minutes of receiving an email from McKell.
Great, now you get to nominate 3 people. See how this game works? I’m going to nominate Brint, Mike, and since Luke refuses to read egriz, let’s go with CDA. :lol:
Why nominate anyone when you can puff up big and brag about your own donation?

Sport said:
I also did my part to the tune of $6k. I challenge fellow Griz fans to support our men and women who make us all proud to be part of the University of Montana family. GO GRIZ

Awesome! Thanks for stepping up!

Mousegriz said:
Griz til I die said:
Great, now you get to nominate 3 people. See how this game works? I’m going to nominate Brint, Mike, and since Luke refuses to read egriz, let’s go with CDA. :lol:
Hey man that’s not at all what I’m trying to do. I know every little bit helps, regardless of how big or small it is. If you would’ve read my OP, you would see that I say in it that even $5 or $10 goes a long way. I’m not trying to brag about mine, I think it’s just important that we know how much we’ve given to the athletic department so far. If I would’ve wanted to brag, I would’ve checked the box on the form that said “permission to share your name on social media”. Give as much as you can that’s within your budget. Every dollar goes a long way.

Griz til I die said:
Mousegriz said:
Hey man that’s not at all what I’m trying to do. I know every little bit helps, regardless of how big or small it is. If you would’ve read my OP, you would see that I say in it that even $5 or $10 goes a long way. I’m not trying to brag about mine, I think it’s just important that we know how much we’ve given to the athletic department so far. If I would’ve wanted to brag, I would’ve checked the box on the form that said “permission to share your name on social media”. Give as much as you can that’s within your budget. Every dollar goes a long way.

PR was the one I was referring to. He talked up his own donation( a couple times)......didn't nominate anyone.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Just because your amount is small, doesn't mean you need to criticize or make fun of others. Campaign contributions are public info. What's wrong with some people saying what they donated to UM? It's not mandatory to say that.
After all, it is part of the "mine is bigger than yours" culture.

What culture is that? The culture I am aware of is the "I have less than you, so I want the government to give some of yours to me".

Griz til I die said:
Mousegriz said:

Looks like some of the posters don't understand the various techniques of raising money.

Mousegriz said:
Griz til I die said:

PR was the one I was referring to. He talked up his own donation( a couple times)......didn't nominate anyone.

I nominate you.

https://twitter.com/MontanaGSA/status/1300834033811599360
Awesome first day of the campaign everyone. Let's keep it going and keep donating as much as we can, and stop fighting about how much we can donate because every dollar goes a long way.

Fiddler on the roof - If I were a rich man (with subtitles)
Fiddler on the roof - If I were a rich man (with subtitles ...
www.youtube.com › watch

Lyrics :thumb:

If I were a rich man,
Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a wealthy man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Idle-diddle-daidle-daidle man.
I'd build a big tall house with rooms by the dozen,
Right in the middle of the town.
A fine tin roof with real wooden floors below.
There would be one long staircase just going up,
And one even longer coming down,
And one more leading nowhere, just for show.
I'd fill my yard with chicks and turkeys and geese and ducks
For the town to see and hear.
(Insert)Squawking just as noisily as they can. (End Insert)
With each loud "cheep" "swaqwk" "honk" "quack"
Would land like a trumpet on the ear,
As if to say "Here lives a wealthy man."
If I were a rich man,
If I were a wealthy man.
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
I'd see my wife, my Golde, looking like a rich man's wife
With a proper double-chin.
Supervising meals to her heart's delight.
I see her putting on airs and strutting like a peacock.
Oy, what a happy mood she's in.
Screaming at the servants, day and night.
The most important men in town would come to fawn on me!
They would ask me to advise them,
Like a Solomon the Wise.
"If you please, Reb Tevye..."
"Pardon me, Reb Tevye..."
Posing problems that would cross a rabbi's eyes!
And it won't make one bit of difference if i answer right or wrong.
When you're rich, they think you really know!
If I were rich, I'd have the time that I lack
To sit in the synagogue and pray.
And maybe have a seat by the Eastern wall.
And I'd discuss the holy books with the learned men, several hours every day.
That would be the sweetest thing of all.
If I were a rich man,
If I were a wealthy man.
Lord who mad the lion and the lamb,
You decreed I should be what I am.
Would it spoil some vast eternal plan?
If I were a wealthy man.

Just saw where Montana Burgers is matching the next 10K raised.

It reminded me that my company (and many others) will match gifts to non profits. Don’t forget about your company’s matching gift program. I got mine to match my gift yesterday which has now inspired me to make another and get a match for that too.

HookedonGriz said:

It reminded me that my company (and many others) will match gifts to non profits. Don’t forget about your company’s matching gift program. I got mine to match my gift yesterday which has now inspired me to make another and get a match for that too.

Does this mean Montana Burgers is bragging?

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Does this mean Montana Burgers is bragging?

I see what you did there 😂

Donated season tickets to GSA: Done. For those who can, please do. If you can't donate, no shame. Continued support can take many different forms. Coming back to games will be more than enough for many-and I look forward to seeing you all there wherever/whenever that may be.

Go Griz!

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
After all, it is part of the "mine is bigger than yours" culture.

What culture is that? The culture I am aware of is the "I have less than you, so I want the government to give some of yours to me".
Both are real and are not mutually exclusive. If you're against the latter, as I am, you should reconsider how you vote in November.

How one says he will vote is one thing, how he actually will vote is another. PR is no idiot, and he lives in Marxoula.

maroonandsilver said:
$130.000 raised so far.

Assuming you meant $130,000, that's a very low amount. People posting in this thread appear to have donated $15,000 or so of that.

As I have wondered before, I wonder what is happening the box/suite people, most of whom have annual "lease" payments under a lease/contract?

"Dear __,

On behalf of our student-athletes, coaches, and staff we want to thank you for your generous donation of your club seats. Your support has helped us close the gap as we work to overcome the challenges COVID-19 has presented. The University of Montana and Grizzly Athletics remain committed to providing resources for our student-athletes to excel in the classroom and in competition. As a school, community, family, and team, we will come together and turn this obstacle into a triumph.

Go Griz,

McKell Bennett"

Back