• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DeCuire weighs in on Transfer issues

citay said:
AZGrizFan said:
I’m not sure how you get “sore” or “extended complaint” out of that video. He was asked a question, and he answered it, from the heart. We piss and moan on this board about TD’s “close to the vest” approach, how he never opens up, and as soon as he does, he’s viewed as “sore” or complaining....

Can’t have it both ways, Citay. i saw nothing wrong with anything he said. Then again, I’m probably old school too.

No exact quotes here; just a sense of what I thought Travis said, in brief:

A player from a losing team in a competitive conference comes to Montana to enhance his reputation as a basketball player so can make more money playing professional basketball. But then the light at the end of the tunnel dims, partly because of the playing time for freshmen and sophomores, and the player leaves the team. BUT. Travis says he was not calling out any one individual.

Yes he was! Clearly.

So let's say this self-same mystery player with many other offers chose Montana. He first had to waste a year of his life sitting because of the arbitrary power of the NCAA, a largely corrupt power body in my opinion, while losing a year of his short shelf life as a professional player. What promises was he made when he transferred here? We don't and we won't know; this player knows if he says any thing bad about a coach or a school it will hurt his reputation and diminish his other opportunities. Of course, people on a board like this one who have never met this young man can tee off on his character largely without recrimination.

So, Az, another rule of life: There are two sides to every story. You haven't heard both sides. And you never will.

Sorry, but if the player who shall not be named doesn't put more effort in to playing at his next stop the only pro league interest will come from a D league in Bulgaria. Guy got to finish his degree and maybe work on another major or grad degree. So while I'd agree the transfer rules are arbitrary and idiotic he got quite a bit of value long term from his sojourn in these parts. I'd argue he got the best of the deal hands down. So I can't blame the Coach for being a tad disgruntled and he was pretty mild in his comments.

fanofzoo said:
There is no way that player is ever going to play pro ball so lets get rid of that excuse.
Well, it rather depends upon what you call "pro ball." :lol:

But I totally agree that he ain't gonna play in any upper-tier league ... unless he somehow makes a major upgrade in his game.

Back