• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante Draft Predictions

I read somewhere the Raiders were really interested in Dante and that it is the Raiders showing him the most interest. I can't find the article now but they expected him to go to the raiders as one of their three third-round picks. The article said it was his ability as a tackler and pass rusher they were looking for. Said that the Raiders linebackers missed a lot of tackles in 2019.

6th round by undsu. linebacker is not a big need for them, nor is any other position, so they'll trade him for peds.

Grizbballfan14 said:
I want to say mid to late 3rd round, but I'm going to say he falls to the early 4th round and is picked up by the Panthers.
His performance today and later at the Combine could go a long way in determining which way that prediction goes.

He should do well at the Combine, barring injury (in the game or just in exercising to keep in shape). But the FCS label will be the usual drag, so your guess of late third or early fourth will probably hold up.

On the other hand, that could change if he wows the scouts today in the Shrine game. And that's mostly a matter of how the coaches use him, with some luck thrown in. We know Dante will put forth the effort -- that's just who he is -- but how the game plays out will decide how many chances he gets to shine.

I'm thinking 5-6th round. Just because he played at a lower division. Even though it really doesn't matter what level. Plenty of stars from small schools.

Back