• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Crybabies at eastern pissed

marceagfan5 said:
Eastern has a right to be upset, I don’t believe it should be directed at KH but eastern did get hosed. Eastern has been ranked in the top 10 almost the entire year and probably finishes ranked 4th in this weeks polls. They lost to Weber & MSU but follow it up with convincing wins at a top 10 Davis and at PSU…

Griz have 1 win against at team with a winning record, not saying the Griz shouldn’t be seeded but it’s why Eastern is pissed about it…

The Griz didn’t get any favors either. If Eastern wins the Griz first game is essentially against the #4 ranked team in the country who will be pissed about the disrespect shown, with the winner going to JMU, that’s rough..

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that whatsoever. Where the issue lies is the meth heads over on your site stating that Kent Haslam orchestrated all of it….that’s borderline psychotic shit.

And again that division 2 win is a non-counter so the committee does not look at you guys as 9-2 like people keep claiming over there.

Where the committee went wrong was when they seeded ETSU.

Here’s a fun fact. There was one undefeated team. They’re the 1 seed. Instead of bitching about a spot, you just win all your games and it seems to kind of take care of itself.

I had thought that all first round games were bid on for home field?? Is that not the case anymore?? Or are you telling me that EWU out bid UNI?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I had thought that all first round games were bid on for home field?? Is that not the case anymore?? Or are you telling me that EWU out bid UNI?

Yes, EWU outbid UNI.

get'em_griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Yes, EWU outbid UNI.
I’d really like to see the balance sheet on that bid. There is a very real chance that they won’t cover the bid. UNI draws a good crowd and let’s be honest, outside of a couple games a year, EWU doesn’t.

I know I'm going to, but I really don't want to watch this game on that red turf. Everytime I spend three hours watching televised games in Cheney my eyes are as dilated as the 76 year old man coming out of the Costco optometrist. Takes days to get right again

dupuyer griz said:
get'em_griz said:
Yes, EWU outbid UNI.
I’d really like to see the balance sheet on that bid. There is a very real chance that they won’t cover the bid. UNI draws a good crowd and let’s be honest, outside of a couple games a year, EWU doesn’t.

Holiday weekend, no students, we will be lucky to break 3000, my guess is 2500 at the game on Saturday… And I doubt we cover the bid

dupuyer griz said:
get'em_griz said:
Yes, EWU outbid UNI.
On average, UNI seems to draw about 1500 more fans per game than EWU. To nail the bid, the Eags must have aimed high ... and I'm betting that there's no way the actual attendance (weekend after Thanksgiving) can cover. They must figure it's worth it.

marceagfan5 said:
dupuyer griz said:

Holiday weekend, no students, we will be lucky to break 3000, my guess is 2500 at the game on Saturday… And I doubt we cover the bid
That’s kind of what I thought. We’re lucky to hit 17000 if memory serves me correctly. What did the ticket price get set at?

IdaGriz01 said:
dupuyer griz said:
On average, UNI seems to draw about 1500 more fans per game than EWU. To nail the bid, the Eags must have aimed high ... and I'm betting that there's no way the actual attendance (weekend after Thanksgiving) can cover. They must figure it's worth it.

It might help that the Apple cup is being played in Seattle and it's a Friday game. But, Spokane is a (literal) fair weather "sports town" and EWU will need to hope for decent weather too.

I'm honestly shocked that EWU won the bid given their budget woes so big props for their willingness to invest in the team to get a first round game.

dupuyer griz said:
marceagfan5 said:
That’s kind of what I thought. We’re lucky to hit 17000 if memory serves me correctly. What did the ticket price get set at?

$40-$45

marceagfan5 said:
dupuyer griz said:
$40-$45
The NCAA has a whole section of their playoff guidelines about tickets and ticket pricing ... with wording that encourages "normal" prices.

But, oddly enough, it also says "There are no minimum ticket prices for first-round games. However, for the quarterfinals and semifinals the host institutions shall not set ticket prices lower than the regular-season ticket prices. As a reminder, host institutions may not offer complimentary tickets for any round of the championship."

So you can sell tickets for 1¢ to encourage attendance, but you cannot give them away. How weird is that?

Considering the financial woes at EWU, do you know if the admin made a special appeal to regular donors or local businesses? Seems like you're going to take financial bath on this one.

IdaGriz01 said:
marceagfan5 said:
The NCAA has a whole section of their playoff guidelines about tickets and ticket pricing ... with wording that encourages "normal" prices.

But, oddly enough, it also says "There are no minimum ticket prices for first-round games. However, for the quarterfinals and semifinals the host institutions shall not set ticket prices lower than the regular-season ticket prices. As a reminder, host institutions may not offer complimentary tickets for any round of the championship."

So you can sell tickets for 1¢ to encourage attendance, but you cannot give them away. How weird is that?

Considering the financial woes at EWU, do you know if the admin made a special appeal to regular donors or local businesses? Seems like you're going to take financial bath on this one.
Mine for 12/3 were $35 + $3 fee each. Our attendance should be decent for either an EWU rematch or for UNI who we love to beat like a drum. Plus our fans are really warming up to this team.

kemajic said:
... Plus our fans are really warming up to this team.
And well they should.

With all the bitching about the "offense" (or lack thereof), has anyone else noticed that the Griz are in the top third (#41) in Scoring Offense -- 29.3 PPG. Who knew? (I didn't.) The Griz are not scoring points in bunches, but over eighty FCS team who'd like to be scoring as well (or poorly, according to some).

What makes it fun? So far, we don't know how the Hell they're going to do it. :)

marceagfan5 said:
Eastern has a right to be upset, I don’t believe it should be directed at KH but eastern did get hosed. Eastern has been ranked in the top 10 almost the entire year and probably finishes ranked 4th in this weeks polls. They lost to Weber & MSU but follow it up with convincing wins at a top 10 Davis and at PSU…

Griz have 1 win against at team with a winning record, not saying the Griz shouldn’t be seeded but it’s why Eastern is pissed about it…

The Griz didn’t get any favors either. If Eastern wins the Griz first game is essentially against the #4 ranked team in the country who will be pissed about the disrespect shown, with the winner going to JMU, that’s rough..

Marc, I agree Eastern has a right to feel hosed. They should have had one of the seeds.

I can guess why they were left out. My guess:
1 Didn’t want to seed 4 Big Sky teams. ETSU tossed in.
2 The D2 win wasn’t counted, so they’re 8-2 rather than 9-2.
3 The “what have you done lately”… both losses in last month hurt more.

None of this is why EWU Should Not be seeded, yet I suspect it’s why they were. Agree they got hosed but we go with what we’re given. Good luck with No Iowa.

marceagfan5 said:

What stands out the most is EWU had 1 less win then MSU and UM. Remember to the committee you were only 8-2. That hurts bad in their choices plus I’m guessing they didn’t want 4 seeds from 1 conference. I think it was Craig Haley who tweeted late Saturday that the Eagles very well could be left out.

Most match-ups from here on out are tough.

If EWU can’t beat Northern Iowa at home, then they shouldn’t be in the playoffs. If EWU would have taken care of Weber, then they would have 9 Div. 1 wins and a seed.

Cry me a river.

The Sac seed at 4 is a joke.

Eastern probably deserved a seed, but that DII game was a killer.

And to suggest they should be seeded over Montana is laughable. Look at how the two ended the season. Look at a win vs. Washington vs a win vs. unlv. Ultimately, it was likely the DII game that screwed the pooch, so blame your own AD, not ours, who literally had nothing to do with where Montana got placed.

The problem is regionalization which has fully and completely destroyed the tournament. But then it's fcs so....

Back