• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congratulations Dave Dickenson

tnt said:
I'm hoping I heard this wrong but with all the hoopla (appropriate) and talk about this cool event, the presentation is scheduled to occur during the TV time out between first and second quarter? 2 maybe 3 minutes is all this is worth? Less time than the damn dance cam?????? This can't be right.

I would guess they didn’t want to do it @ halftime when 80% of the game-goers have already beaten feet to the tailgates. I think they can afford to extend it a few minutes to accommodate the plaque presentation & ovation. I would guess he & family also raise the flag.

bgbigdog said:
CFallsGriz said:
Douglass, Erhardt, Pacheco, Wells...not a bad crew.

That was some fun sh*t :clap:

Dave would be the first to tell you just how blessed he was to play with them, including Branen & the backs, the unsung O-line & defense. If your up for some reading - a lot of game stories & stats can be found @

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.si...ssey_to_a_National_Championship_Scrapbook.pdf

He was always super complimentary of his dudes. Deflecting all the praise was his modus operandi and still is, and it's the characteristic that makes him really easy to like, at least for me. Genuine and real. You could say he was just an average Joe if it weren't for his exceptional abilities, leadership and accomplishments. :clap:

Thanks for that link!

PS-- my bad omitting Josh in that group. Good call

Where can I get one of those copper and gold hats with 15 on the back? I couldn’t find any in the stadium

Congrats to Dave & family for all the great memories & signed program. Next big accomplishment for Dave - Grey Cup!

Latest posts

Back