• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

College Football Attendance

lshaneg said:
I can only say why we don't attend games as often as we did before. We live out of state and we used to attend 3-4 games in Missoula each year. Little by little we started attending fewer games until the past few years where we did not attend a single game in Missoula. We still watch or listen to every game we can. We quit attending because only the absolute worse seats are available whenever we try to attend. Even season tickets are available only for the worse seats. It isn't worth it to travel and put up with the crowds for awful seats. We still make it to an occasional away game because we can get fairly good seats in Greeley, Sacramento, or even Portland in their awful stadiums. We would love to attend but not for the seats available at WaGriz.

You do know that there are people selling tickets outside the stadium at every home game, right? You can have your choice of several sections for face value or less. What is your idea of "good seats"?

lshaneg said:
kemajic said:
lshaneg said:
I can only say why we don't attend games as often as we did before. We live out of state and we used to attend 3-4 games in Missoula each year. Little by little we started attending fewer games until the past few years where we did not attend a single game in Missoula. We still watch or listen to every game we can. We quit attending because only the absolute worse seats are available whenever we try to attend. Even season tickets are available only for the worse seats. It isn't worth it to travel and put up with the crowds for awful seats. We still make it to an occasional away game because we can get fairly good seats in Greeley, Sacramento, or even Portland in their awful stadiums. We would love to attend but not for the seats available at WaGriz.
We sit on the 30 in the east side upper deck. Wonderful seats with a perfect view of the field, and in the sun on the cooler days. There are both season and individual tickets always available near us; I know, because I often buy some when we have guests. During the playoffs, many season ticket holders don't opt for their seats, so they become available, often near the 50. So I have a hard time understanding your dilemma. The thread is about declining attendance; that leads to better seat availability, not worse.

I should know better than to join a discussion on EGriz. The thread is about declining attendance. I shared my experience and my reason for no longer attending and some clown in his mothers basement tells me I am wrong. Trust me, if we could get decent tickets, we would still attend. I support the Griz 100% but I no longer make it to games because we can't get decent tickets. In spite of your judgment on my reality, attendance is going down and in my case, it is because of seating regardless of your meaningless judgment.

Again, what is your version of "decent tickets"?

Trending lower attendance will continue. Demographic issue driving trend. Easier viewing Access outside of game day stadium attendance a big issue for aging fan bases. Been a griz fan for it seems forever, I do not sense the passion that I thought would remain in place.

My take is football is losing its appeal because its not football anymore.

Too many safety rules flags and seeming willingness to make it like soccer, its just not fun to watch like it was 20 years ago.

SaskGriz said:
lshaneg said:
kemajic said:
lshaneg said:
We sit on the 30 in the east side upper deck. Wonderful seats with a perfect view of the field, and in the sun on the cooler days. There are both season and individual tickets always available near us; I know, because I often buy some when we have guests. During the playoffs, many season ticket holders don't opt for their seats, so they become available, often near the 50. So I have a hard time understanding your dilemma. The thread is about declining attendance; that leads to better seat availability, not worse.

I should know better than to join a discussion on EGriz. The thread is about declining attendance. I shared my experience and my reason for no longer attending and some clown in his mothers basement tells me I am wrong. Trust me, if we could get decent tickets, we would still attend. I support the Griz 100% but I no longer make it to games because we can't get decent tickets. In spite of your judgment on my reality, attendance is going down and in my case, it is because of seating regardless of your meaningless judgment.
Dude, you shared your experience and some of us shared ours. Take it easy. I don't know how you buy your tickets so I shared that I find better seats when I talk to someone on the phone, just a tip. You can take it or leave it. And in terms of living in Mom's basement, that would have been luxury. There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road
Amazing; we show the facts that very good tickets CAN be had without difficulty with the intention of helping the man. Even at the last minute. We get a butthurt insulting reaction, as if retiring to the CAN'T is easier than learning something new and changing their unsuccessful approach.

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
lshaneg said:
kemajic said:

Dude, you shared your experience and some of us shared ours. Take it easy. I don't know how you buy your tickets so I shared that I find better seats when I talk to someone on the phone, just a tip. You can take it or leave it. And in terms of living in Mom's basement, that would have been luxury. There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road
Amazing; we show the facts that very good tickets CAN be had without difficulty with the intention of helping the man. Even at the last minute. We get a butthurt insulting reaction, as if retiring to the CAN'T is be easier than learning something new and changing their unsuccessful approach.

Look, I was simply stating my experience. Being out of state, I have not been able to get good tickets. I know the avalanche of slams will now continue. Admins please feel free to cancel my account. I will never get on EGriz again if this is the response for simply having an opinion based on my experience.

lshaneg said:
kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
lshaneg said:
Amazing; we show the facts that very good tickets CAN be had without difficulty with the intention of helping the man. Even at the last minute. We get a butthurt insulting reaction, as if retiring to the CAN'T is be easier than learning something new and changing their unsuccessful approach.

Look, I was simply stating my experience. Being out of state, I have not been able to get good tickets. I know the avalanche of slams will now continue. Admins please feel free to cancel my account. I will never get on EGriz again if this is the response for simply having an opinion based on my experience.

Where the hell do you consider a "good" ticket?

lshaneg said:
... Look, I was simply stating my experience. Being out of state, I have not been able to get good tickets. I know the avalanche of slams will now continue. Admins please feel free to cancel my account. I will never get on EGriz again if this is the response for simply having an opinion based on my experience.
Not sure why you're so touchy. And we don't really have a dog in this race, because we do not attend regularly either, and have not for several years. (We are also out of state.) Why? Because we're old and, for various health reason, are not up to the long drive (to and from). Since it has been acknowledged -- by some -- that the aging fan base is a part of the problem, that should come as no surprise.

Some responses have been presented in a perhaps argumentative way. However, many simply state that getting "good" seats can be done, with the right approach (or just lucky? can't tell). So some responders are not very supportive of your (perceived) position. Others are at least trying to be helpful by pointing the way to strategies that might allow you to get "good" seats.

lshaneg said:
kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
lshaneg said:

Perhaps it’s how/where you’re getting your tickets from? Literally no one else seems to have that problem....if you’re looking to just bitch, and not looking for a potential solution then see ya!

lshaneg said:
kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
lshaneg said:

I'm out of country, just saying good tickets are available. You don't like going to Griz games any more, that's on you. To me WGS on a late afternoon is closer to heaven than a baseball diamond in a cornfield in Iowa. We were just surprised and trying to help. Peace.

SaskGriz said:
lshaneg said:
kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:

I'm out of country, just saying good tickets are available. You don't like going to Griz games any more, that's on you. To me WGS on a late afternoon is closer to heaven than a baseball diamond in a cornfield in Iowa. We were just surprised and trying to help. Peace.

Couldn’t agree more. I miss it more every year. Finally made it to a home game this year and had a blast. Great seats, by the way! :lol:

Reality Check.....A lot of people now days are handicapped with an impressive cache of exotic hardware, software, and soft-white underbellies...to ever give a shit about attending a live game any more.

Time to get some finger exercize and call Grandma down-stairs in the kitchen so She can fetch Junior another Grape Soda.
:oops:

GO GRIZ! :thumb:

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
lshaneg said:
kemajic said:

Amazing; we show the facts that very good tickets CAN be had without difficulty with the intention of helping the man. Even at the last minute. We get a butthurt insulting reaction, as if retiring to the CAN'T is easier than learning something new and changing their unsuccessful approach.

For the last time, they can’t sell beer in the stadium. There simply aren’t enough restrooms, and there isn’t a single temporary solution to that, OK? It cannot be done.

Back