• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching changes FCS & FBS

USC has hired Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech) as their new OC...as a USC fan pretty happy right now. Curious how this will work for JT Daniels and a team loaded with talent.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
The Mike Houston situation reminds me of several good men I worked with earlier in my career. He was offered the position at Charlotte and evidently the AD felt he had made the hire. Houston comtinued to talk to other ADs and Charlotte rescinded the offer. I know high school coaches in some states are continually being swiped by good school administrators. Was told by my professors in my masters program the most important hire I will ever make as a principal is the head football coach. I think it's the same at the collegiate level.

In reality, Houston said that he was interested & wanted to talk further in the Sunday after their game with Colgate. In their infinite wisdom, someone @ Charlotte leaked it & kissed Houston goodbye because he was very upset @ the revelation. East Carolina then fired their head ball coach a week earlier than planned to see if they could convince Houston to come there. Looks like they won the recruiting battle & the AD @ Charlotte looks like a moron.

bgbigdog said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1070016346052808705

So I wonder if this makes Andy Thompson a free agent?

Two years ago wasn't Andy named the coach in waiting when Jerome was initially forced to resign at season's end and then ended up being extended? I wonder why that changed now?

go96griz said:
bgbigdog said:
dayday said:

Two years ago wasn't Andy named the coach in waiting when Jerome was initially forced to resign at season's end and then ended up being extended? I wonder why that changed now?

ABB

Anybody But Baer.

AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
bgbigdog said:
dayday said:

ABB

Anybody But Baer.
"Anybody" would include Semore. The guy who couldn't recognize Dante Olson was good enough to play some D and was keen on 3rd and 17 blitzes against a running QB. I'll take Baer in that comparison every time, but would love to see Thompson back. I have a feeling Baer is here to help BH identify his successor.

AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
bgbigdog said:
dayday said:

ABB

Anybody But Baer.

Baer = Semore 2.0, but with "experience"

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
bgbigdog said:

ABB

Anybody But Baer.
"Anybody" would include Semore. The guy who couldn't recognize Dante Olson was good enough to play some D and was keen on 3rd and 17 blitzes against a running QB. I'll take Baer in that comparison every time, but would love to see Thompson back. I have a feeling Baer is here to help BH identify his successor.

Baer’s D did virtually NO better in third and long. I also would love to see Thompson back, but I still think it’s sad that BH basically used this as a throwaway season while having to wait ANOTHER year for a real DC. Whether that’s THompson, his brother (Bobby’s) or somebody else.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
bgbigdog said:

ABB

Anybody But Baer.

He played in every game with 38 tackles.

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/recruitNVA/status/1070322369967898624
This is interesting because some of the players we are/were going after have offers from Liberty. Dunoo if it'll make any difference, but it potentially could.

rgrizfan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
ABB

Anybody But Baer.

On special teams; check out his minutes at LB.

kemajic said:
rgrizfan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
ABB

Anybody But Baer.

On special teams; check out his minutes at LB.

Give it a rest. You've whined about this at least 100 times. Every thread, every where. And not once have you said who you would've started him over. Leading tackler James Banks? Pre-season DPOY Josh Buss? Hard charging, motivational leader Connor Strahm? And last year, I was the first to recognize his potential (it's in the archives), I don't recall you once saying a thing about him then. This is just another indirect way of your obsession and hate with Stitt.

Back