• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaches Poll: EWU #3

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
I think a big part of what factors in is how tough it is perceived to play in the MVFC.

The dopest conference in the FCS.

About time you said something right!

UNI also consistently plays either Iowa or Iowa State each year, and several years have had two FBS games.

Pretty big disparity between that schedule and the Grizzlies over the past few years....
Yeah, the Grizzly schedule that included a win over NDSU. We beat UNI like a drum; they've never beaten us.

Yep and when the smoke cleared, literally, and the real season began, the Griz suffered one of the worst playoff defeats in their storied history. Come on just stop it.

UNI plays NDSU every single year.

By every single objective measure, the MVFC has been a significantly better conference , top to bottom, than the Big Sky each year.

Playing a game against a MVFC team once a year is far different than facing those teams week in and week out.

UNI does not play D2 schools either. So every year their schedule includes Iowa/Iowa State and sometimes another FBS school, both NDSU and SDSU and the other various MVFC schools who have gone very far in the playoffs over the last five years in making a national championship game appearance (Illinois State, Youngstown State). Annually, the have one of if not the hardest schedules in the FCS.

Yeah, the Grizzly schedule that included a win over NDSU. We beat UNI like a drum; they've never beaten us.
Yep and when the smoke cleared, literally, and the real season began, the Griz suffered one of the worst playoff defeats in their storied history. Come on just stop it.

Worst playoff defeats in our storied history?
We started the playoffs beating South Dakota State 24 - 17 and then lost to NDSU 37-6. While we were beaten and probably dominated, it is a stretch to called it the worse. I am talking about 2015.

2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The dopest conference in the FCS.

About time you said something right!

UNI also consistently plays either Iowa or Iowa State each year, and several years have had two FBS games.

Pretty big disparity between that schedule and the Grizzlies over the past few years....

UNI plays NDSU every single year.

By every single objective measure, the MVFC has been a significantly better conference , top to bottom, than the Big Sky each year.

Playing a game against a MVFC team once a year is far different than facing those teams week in and week out.

UNI does not play D2 schools either. So every year their schedule includes Iowa/Iowa State and sometimes another FBS school, both NDSU and SDSU and the other various MVFC schools who have gone very far in the playoffs over the last five years in making a national championship game appearance (Illinois State, Youngstown State). Annually, the have one of if not the hardest schedules in the FCS.

UNI lost to a BSC team when “the smoke cleared”.
UNI sucks.

IdahoGrizFan said:

We started the playoffs beating South Dakota State 24 - 17 and then lost to NDSU 37-6. While we were beaten and probably dominated, it is a stretch to called it the worse. I am talking about 2015.

Yeah, I seem to recall (much as I try to block it from memory) one which was decidedly worse in 1998.

AllWeatherFan said:
retiredpopo said:
Some tough openers in the top 20.
...except for maybe Kennesaw State.
Saw that. In case you wondered, Point University is at the NAIA level (Mid-South Conference, football only). They're located in a tiny town just off of I-85 about 75 miles southwest of Atlanta. Should be an easy bus trip anyway.

IdahoGrizFan said:

How many playoff games have the Griz lost by 31 points?

Point being the original comment was why does UNI get love despite have approximately as many losses as UM over the last 5 years.

Strength of schedule. Both from a conference standpoint and a non conference standpoint. No D2 games and no fluff FCS teams.

2011BisonAlumni said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Point being the original comment was why does UNI get love despite have approximately as many losses as UM over the last 5 years.

Strength of schedule. Both from a conference standpoint and a non conference standpoint. No D2 games and no fluff FCS teams.

They played us several times in last few years and lost....

2011BisonAlumni said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Using that logic I'm surprised Southern Illinois isn't ranked. They have racked up 19 quality losses to MVFC opponents over the past three years.

2011BisonAlumni said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Hey Chachi, make you a deal, when I comment on your fan site you comment on ours. "North Dakota, it's not even the best Dakota."

SaskGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Hey Chachi, make you a deal, when I comment on your fan site you comment on ours. "North Dakota, it's not even the best Dakota."
Let’s not go wild. They have Mount Rushmore and the Twin Cities.

DuCharme said:
UNI - I guess I’ll never understand.
That team has lost no less than 5 times every year starting in 2012.
38 losses.

Over the last 5 years, UNI has a 38 and 27 record. They have played 6 games against FBS opponents in that time period and 0 regular season games against D2 or non scholarship FCS teams. They have made the playoffs 4 times and won 5 games. UNI plays in the MVFC.

Over the last 5 years, UM has a 36 and 24 record. They have played 2 games against FBS opponents in that time period and 6 regular season games against D2 or non scholarship FCS teams. They have made the playoffs 2 times and won 2 games. UM plays in the Big Sky.

Pretty easy to understand. Strength of scheduling mirrored with results.

2011BisonAlumni said:
DuCharme said:
38 losses.

Over the last 5 years, UNI has a 38 and 27 record. They have played 6 games against FBS opponents in that time period and 0 regular season games against D2 or non scholarship FCS teams. They have made the playoffs 4 times and won 5 games. UNI plays in the MVFC.

Over the last 5 years, UM has a 36 and 24 record. They have played 2 games against FBS opponents in that time period and 6 regular season games against D2 or non scholarship FCS teams. They have made the playoffs 2 times and won 2 games. UM plays in the Big Sky.

So what you are saying is that UNI beats bad teams and loses to good teams...making them a middle of the road type team which is backed up by their average record.

2011BisonAlumni said:
DuCharme said:
38 losses.

Why are you so offended by UNI's mediocrity?

uofmman1122 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
DuCharme said:
38 losses.

Why are you so offended by UNI's mediocrity?
2011 offers no explanation as to why UNI can't beat Montana.

Back