• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate to Texas Now?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
HookedonGriz said:
Their past LB coach made around 500k. Maybe he gets a little bump for this strange co-DC title. He made around 300-350k at bozeman after the bonuses. Seems very weird to me.

Nope. He's a co-defensive coordinator and inside linebacker coach well over a million a year. It's a no-brainer to anyone not from Montana. Hell, high school coaches in Texas make more than our flagship universities head coaches.

He was named co-defensive coord (im sire in name only to maybe help with pay) but his main gig is inside LBs coach. I can guarantee he isn’t making 1M a year doing that. Guarantee.

HookedonGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Nope. He's a co-defensive coordinator and inside linebacker coach well over a million a year. It's a no-brainer to anyone not from Montana. Hell, high school coaches in Texas make more than our flagship universities head coaches.

He was named co-defensive coord (im sire in name only to maybe help with pay) but his main gig is inside LBs coach. I can guarantee he isn’t making 1M a year doing that. Guarantee.

Really?

HookedonGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Here is proof....their last co-DC and LB coach (exactly what choate is doing) made 600k last year and that was after a 100k raise.

https://footballscoop.com/news/heres-how-much-texas-will-pay-tom-hermans-staff-in-2020/

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
HookedonGriz said:

Really?

Absolutely. Their last co-DC/LB coach made 600k last year after getting a 100k raise

https://footballscoop.com/news/heres-how-much-texas-will-pay-tom-hermans-staff-in-2020/

HookedonGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Here is proof....their last co-DC and LB coach (exactly what choate is doing) made 600k last year and that was after a 100k raise.

I think I'll go with this list:

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

That, and the Dallas papers. Hell, there were people in this state bitching and moaning when the BOR raised Cruzado's salary up to about 100k under what a public school Superintendent's salary is...

Bummer news. Choach will leave a legacy in Bozeman of slightly over .500 ball. I feel empty, like there is a vacant plot of real property in my mind that only one coach can purchase. I’m talking about the winningest Bobcat coach in modern history. A coach who was fired in favor of some fleeting first time HC who only got hired because of his nice rack. I’m talking about a coach with a head of hair that would make prime Fabio jealous. A coach who has two (2) best selling books according to some lists. A coach with commitment. It’s time to pack up the Honda Ridgeline and make the drive, Coach Ron Ash. It’s time to come home.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bummer news. Choach will leave a legacy in Bozeman of slightly over .500 ball. I feel empty, like there is a vacant plot of real property in my mind that only one coach can purchase. I’m talking about the winningest Bobcat coach in modern history. A coach who was fired in favor of some fleeting first time HC who only got hired because of his nice rack. I’m talking about a coach with a head of hair that would make prime Fabio jealous. A coach who has two (2) best selling books according to some lists. A coach with commitment. It’s time to pack up the Honda Ridgeline and make the drive, Coach Ron Ash. It’s time to come home.

You claimed from the jump he was trying hard to get out of bozeman. You were spot on.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
HookedonGriz said:

That, and the Dallas papers. Hell, there were people in this state bitching and moaning when the BOR raised Cruzado's salary up to about 100k under what a public school Superintendent's salary is...

Are we talking about two different things here? Seriously you’ve lost me now.

I am saying that there is no way in hell Choate is making 1M a year. I provided direct evidence showing the EXACT salaries of Texas coaches last year. The guy who was on staff last year in a a co-DC and LB coach role (exactly what Choate will do there) made 600k.....and that was after a 100k raise from Texas. That is the most Choate will make there, too.....probably a little less.

Your proof was a list of asst coach salaries across the nation? That literally has nothing to do with Choate and his role at Texas. Are we having a major miscommunication?

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You claimed from the jump he was trying hard to get out of bozeman. You were spot on.

Who the hell wouldn't want out of Bozeangeles, Sanfranzoola, Calgaryspell and whatever in hell the Bitterroot has become? All the jobs are basically minimum wage and the cost of living is ridiculous. The AD Cruzado wanted to hire from Utah spent a week looking at the fucking housing market and rejected the offer. Christ, they want their administrators to live in that Californicated shithole on less than 150k to be a fucking principal! Jesus, it's ridiculous!

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
HookedonGriz said:

PapaG is that you?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
HookedonGriz said:

Who the hell wouldn't want out of Bozeangeles, Sanfranzoola, Calgaryspell and whatever in hell the Bitterroot has become? All the jobs are basically minimum wage and the cost of living is ridiculous. The AD Cruzado wanted to hire from Utah spent a week looking at the f###[#] housing market and rejected the offer. Christ, they want their administrators to live in that Californicated shithole on less than 150k to be a f###[#] principal! Jesus, it's ridiculous!

Post of the year nominee.

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Call it a lucky guess, I guess.

PlayerRep said:
Gregorak and Pflu? Maybe Sauers. And a bunch of young guys. Okay, maybe just a dream.

So, is it going to be Ione?

Who beat the Cats when they were ranked no. 1?

UM and Pflu in 2011.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=313230147

"Montana State, playing a regular season game ranked No. 1 in the nation for the first time since 1978 when it was Division II power, was beaten 36-10 by archrival Montana."

https://msubobcats.com/news/2011/11/19/FB_1119112036.aspx

HookedonGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Are we talking about two different things here? Seriously you’ve lost me now.

I am saying that there is no way in hell Choate is making 1M a year. I provided direct evidence showing the EXACT salaries of Texas coaches last year. The guy who was on staff last year in a a co-DC and LB coach role (exactly what Choate will do there) made 600k.....and that was after a 100k raise from Texas. That is the most Choate will make there, too.....probably a little less.

Your proof was a list of asst coach salaries across the nation? That literally has nothing to do with Choate and his role at Texas. Are we having a major miscommunication?

Many reports say that Sarkisian secured eight figures or more in money for a salary pool for his assistants. The three confirmed hires thus far are all making more than $850,000 and the tight ends coach/assistant head coach is making $1.1 million.

Mike Yurcich, at $1.72 million, was Texas' highest paid assistant last year. Pete Kwiatkowski, who went from Montana State (2000-2005) to Boise State (2006-2013) to Washington (2014-2020) to Texas and will share DC duties with Choate, made $1.1 million at Washington last year and is expect to make at least $1.4. Todd Orlando made $1.7 million as Texas's DC the last three seasons.

PlayerRep said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
False. DeNarius McGhee took a job with the Houston Texans in January of last year.

You are correct. Is Choate going to be the ST coach at Texas? Ha.

Sources say it’s a done deal that I found this funny.

Edit: There are conflicting reports on the subject.

(Just messin’ with you, CN. Thx for the updates that many of us wouldn’t otherwise have)

Latest posts

Back