• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL CBI TOURNAMENT for the GRIZ

Sac got an invite and turned them down. So far, I've heard about 7 or 8 turn downs. UM and UNC are the only one's I hear have accepted.

Good luck. Maybe it will be a one game tourney.

From a 2023 On3 article:

"
A semifinal appearance in the CBI will lead to a contribution to the four schools, with the money going to a “collective or however they want to sort of channel the NIL distribution,” Rick Giles, the president of the sports and entertainment events company Gazelle Group, which owns and operates the CBI, told On3.

The winning school gets $25,000, the runner-up receives $10,000 and each team that loses in the semifinals receives $2,500. Giles said he’s unsure how many schools in the 16-team tournament are supported by a collective, but he says he thinks each has a “mechanism” for NIL opportunities."

OK, I just signed up with Flohoops, on my phone and loaded the FLOsports app on my TV. I did a quick search on FLOsports for the CBI tournament and it came up, so I’m good to go for the game.
NOW, how many of you are willing to cough up 30 bucks to watch two games? Theoretically, we should win the first game, so that would mean two games for 30 bucks. But, with March madness, no win is guaranteed.
Who is going to join in, and watch the game?

OK, I just signed up with Flohoops, on my phone and loaded the FLOsports app on my TV. I did a quick search on FLOsports for the CBI tournament and it came up, so I’m good to go for the game.
NOW, how many of you are willing to cough up 30 bucks to watch two games? Theoretically, we should win the first game, so that would mean two games for 30 bucks. But, with March madness, no win is guaranteed.
I will watch the game. I will not pay 30 dollars to watch the game. The internet is a nifty place.

I’ll watch, what’s your username and password😁?

Here's the head to head stats between the Griz and the Presbyterian Blue Hose.

Scoring offense: UM (77.2 for UM vs 74.7 for PBH)
Scoring defense: UM (71.6 for UM vs 72.8 for PBH)
Scoring margin: UM (5.6 for UM vs 1.9 for PBH)
FG% for: UM (.485 for UM vs .473 for PBH)
FG% against: UM (.446 for UM vs .456 for PBH)
3PT% for: UM (.357 for UM vs .337 for PBH)
3PT% against: UM (.343 for UM vs .348 for PBH)
3PT/game: UM (7.7 for UM vs 6.4 for PBH)
3PT/game against: UM (6.2 for UM vs 6.6 for PBH)
FT% for: UM (.793 for UM vs .666 for PBH)
FT% against: PBH (.725 for UM vs .724 for PBH)
FT made/game: PBH (13.6 for UM vs 14.2 for PBH)
Opp FT made/game: UM (14.3 for UM vs 16.7 for PBH)
Rebounds/game: UM (34 for UM vs 33.3 for PBH)
Rebounds allowed/game: UM (32.2 for UM vs 33.6 for PBH)
Rebound margin: UM (1.8 for UM vs -0.3 for PBH)
Assists/game: UM (14.9 for UM vs 13 for PBH)
Opp assists/game: UM (11.1 for UM vs 11.3 for PBH)
Turnovers/game: UM (10 for UM vs 11.5 for PBH)
Opp turnovers/game: PBH (9.8 for UM vs 12.8 for PBH)
T/O margin: PBH (-0.2 for UM vs 1.3 for PBH)
Assist-to-turnover ratio: UM (1.5 for UM vs 1.1 for PBH)
Opp assist-to-turnover ratio: PBH (1.1 for UM vs 0.9 for PBH)
Steals/game: PBH (4.8 for UM vs 6.8 for PBH)
Opp steals/game: UM (5.5 for UM vs 5.9 for PBH)
Blocks: PBH (2.9 for UM vs 3.3 for PBH)
Opp blocks/game: UM (3.0 for UM vs 3.5 for PBH)

Montana has a big statistical edge over Presbyterian, by a 20 to 7 margin. Presbyterian from the looks of things could be a little pesky defensively, since they hold the edge over Montana in steals and turnover ratio, so ball security would be a key for the Griz. But by looking at the Blue Hose' defensive 3pt%, I don't think Aanen Moody, Brandon Whitney, and Josh Vasquez will have too much trouble making shots from deep. The Blue Hose don't truly have a big rebounding threat (they have five guys averaging 4 to 5 rpg) while Montana has Laolu Oke and Dischon Thomas averaging 7.9 and 5.5 rpg respectively, so the Griz would have a clear advantage on the boards. All the Griz need to do is keep playing like they have leading up to the Big Sky title game in Boise, and just put that game into the rear view mirror.

Back