• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cats Regular Season Predictions

Yeah, not sure if any of the backups can execute designed QB runs up the middle and around the tackles like Tommie TDs, which is basically the whole offense. What I do know is, however bad people think UNM is, they are an FBS program with FBS athletes and FBS resources. They will know what the QB is by this point in his career, and that is an injury-prone running QB who struggles when forced to pass against decent coverage.
I still prefer "Thomas the Touchdown Engine." For some reason it makes him cute and adorable to me.

Yeah, not sure if any of the backups can execute designed QB runs up the middle and around the tackles like Tommie TDs, which is basically the whole offense. What I do know is, however bad people think UNM is, they are an FBS program with FBS athletes and FBS resources. They will know what the QB is by this point in his career, and that is an injury-prone running QB who struggles when forced to pass against decent coverage.
And NM can look at the Griz tape to see how the Griz shut them down.

I line up with you. In recent years, the Cat fans have been way over-optimistic. In fact, delusional. The Cat fans have beenquiet since late Nov., but now some of the delusion is coming out. Ya, NM has been bad, but a new coach and the Portal will likely improve them. They aren't going to get caught sleeping by the Cats. I will wait to see how the Cats look in the early part of their season, and they may prove my current instincts wrong, but as of now I don't see the Cats being even close to being a powerhouse. It's too early for me to get insight from my friends and family in Bozeman, as they will also want to wait to see how things go for the Cats in the early season. Recall, that none of them thought the Cats were great when I asked later in the season last year. Some were hopeful; some were doubtful. None was optimistic and delusional like many of the jokers on egriz.
And I forgot to add the 1-10 3d down conversions and 0-4 4th down conversions. That game should be great tape for NM's defense. Maybe a call to the Griz coaches too.

Maybe Tommy will surprise them! I know that they have been working on the passing game all off season. As far as running, the back-up OB that may be a surprise is Montana product is Patrick Duchien. He has good size and can run. Anxious to watch him in Fall camp.

Maybe Tommy will surprise them! I know that they have been working on the passing game all off season. As far as running, the back-up OB that may be a surprise is Montana product is Patrick Duchien. He has good size and can run. Anxious to watch him in Fall camp.
He had a hell of a HS career, but that jump from 8 man football to 11 will certainly be a learning curve.

I try not to rain praise across the hill, but if they start working him in with some very simple package plays to get his feet wet, that might actually be the best way to get him time while also keeping Tommy from running into walls of opposing players.

I think the cats will have one of two records coming into the Brawl. Either 10-2 or 6-5. And its gonna depend on one thing...Tommy. If he's healthy then I think they can roll the early part of the season. But the two losses are coming from Sac/Idaho and UC Davis. Those teams are still very good and Idaho was the first of last season besides the Griz to figure out the cats Achilles heel. They cannot throw the ball and come back from a deficit. Now if Tommy goes down early, then I say they beat the weaker teams but there 5 losses come from Sac, Idaho, UC Davis, PSU, and hell even Idaho state could get a huge upset. I too am interested to see if Tommy gets more chances to throw the ball and if it improves. Unfortunately, Tommy is gonna have a huge target on him since teams know he is the Cats offense. I hate to see anyone get hurt and I really like the kid, he's a good old hard-workin montana kid and very respectful. That being said teams are gonna wanna take him out, and that ankle can only take so much more abuse. I won't put much stock into a cat loss at UNM since it is FBS, even though lower tier, but I will pay attention if EWU beats them.

Latest posts

Back