• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cats Regular Season Predictions

Griz til I die

DONOR
Sorry I’m just now getting to this. It was a really busy day at work. Time for everybody’s favorite, the cats. They’re gonna have a good team this year, but the question is how good. Two main questions I have for them are what’s the plan if Tommy goes down again (which he probably will) and how good is their defense? There’s no Sean Chambers to bail out the offense if/when Tommy gets hurt this year, so what’s the plan? Defensively, was Garza the problem or are they just naturally much weaker on D under Vigen? With that, let’s dive in!

August 24 @ New Mexico - L. Week zero on FS1. Quite the game to open with. Probably gonna be 200 degrees at kickoff. Not sure what to think of this game. The Lobos have a new head coach and new QB that they’re really high on, and it’s at home. UNM has been really bad though. Can they be competitive year 1? I think this is a total coin flip game, but tie goes to the home team so I’ll say UNM wins a razor tight game.

August 31 @ Utah Tech - W. This game will likely be very similar to our game against them last year. Race out to a big lead and then play the young guys. How about 2 road games to open up the season though? Don’t see that often. Cats roll

September 7 vs. Maine - W. Gold Rush against the Black Bears. That’s a looooong road trip for Maine, and probably an even uglier result. Should be over quick

September 14 BYE. Advantage of playing week 0 is two bye weeks.

September 21 vs. Mercyhurst - W. By now I’m sure everyone knows that 2 weeks ago, Stephen F. Austin cancelled their game with the cats, leaving them scrambling to find a new opponent. Mercyhurst enters their first year in the FCS. For perspective, they lost to Ferris State 54-12 last year, so imagine what the cats are gonna do them.

September 28 @ Idaho State - W. Good game to open the conference slate with. Could be a little tighter than we may expect, but they should win comfortably.

October 5 vs. Northern Colorado - W. Clip board gate 2.0? That may be the only fun that comes out of this game.

October 12 vs. Idaho - W. This one’s gonna be a ball game. The cats fell right into Idahos trap last year. Did they learn their lesson? Their personnel may not be as good, but that style is hard to play against. I say the cats pull it out at home though.

October 19 @ Portland State - W. Can’t see this being much of an issue.

October 26 BYE

November 2 @ Eastern Washington - W. Games on the red rug have historically been tough for the cats, but they’ve won their last 2 and they should be fine this year. Eastern could have a lot on the line in this game.

November 9 vs. Sacramento State - W. Tough game at home. Sac hasn’t been to Bozeman since 2019. If the cats can beat them in Sacramento, then they should be able to beat them at home. Close game, but the cats win.

November 16 @ UC Davis - L. This one has trap game written all over it. The week before the Brawl, probably a night game, against potentially the best offense in the league. Hastings and Larison are a dangerous combination. Perhaps they get caught looking ahead? I say they lose this one in similar fashion to how they lost to Idaho

November 23 vs. Montana. I don’t pick this one, but it should be a war, and could very well be for the conference title again.

——————————

I got the cats going 10-2 or 9-3. Certainly some games in there they could slip up in, but those final 3 games of the year, plus Idaho are gonna be tough. That’s my prediction. Thoughts????

bubz will beat the lobos and win the battle but lose the war. They always seem to play well early in the season and against mediocre fbs teams the first or second week. They are the kings of premature e-speculation. And they stupidly will run Mellot into the ground to prove…I don’t know what. How many times did they run him vs OSU? Didn’t they also hurt the Irish QB vs SMU?

somehow thought that EWU was getting a new turf with no Red

November 2 @ Eastern Washington - W. Games on the red rug have historically been tough for the cats, but they’ve won their last 2 and they should be fine this year. Eastern could have a lot on the line in this game.

somehow thought that EWU was getting a new turf with no Red

The date on that new rug post was April 1st.

If the bubs don't roll into the brawl at 11-0 with that joke of a schedule, they have significant issues
I certainly see the potential of the cats rolling into the Brawl at 11-0 if they can keep their qube healthy. If/when he goes down they will lose half of their remaining games and the Griz will light them up like an expensive Christmas tree.

I certainly see the potential of the cats rolling into the Brawl at 11-0 if they can keep their qube healthy. If/when he goes down they will lose half of their remaining games and the Griz will light them up like an expensive Christmas tree.
X5VZ9DHDMPQK3tO2le4wenL8Nkb5refoln9Na66n8AwXrDWgm7E2UAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Seems like teams are maybe starting to figure out the cats offense after it has run over people for 3 years. Will be interesting to see if Tommy can make it through the season. I have doubts now that he’ll be likely taking even more shots with Chambers gone
Also curious to see the differences in it with Housewright gone. Some people legitimately called him some kind of "creative genius" with this offense. I didn't necessarily buy that, but I also don't know what their playbook looks like. Now I hear so many Cat fans in my life talking about Tommy opening up the passing game this year.

I'm actually looking forward to watching their first game. Really interested to see what they come out with.

Sorry I’m just now getting to this. It was a really busy day at work. Time for everybody’s favorite, the cats. They’re gonna have a good team this year, but the question is how good. Two main questions I have for them are what’s the plan if Tommy goes down again (which he probably will) and how good is their defense? There’s no Sean Chambers to bail out the offense if/when Tommy gets hurt this year, so what’s the plan? Defensively, was Garza the problem or are they just naturally much weaker on D under Vigen? With that, let’s dive in!

August 24 @ New Mexico - L. Week zero on FS1. Quite the game to open with. Probably gonna be 200 degrees at kickoff. Not sure what to think of this game. The Lobos have a new head coach and new QB that they’re really high on, and it’s at home. UNM has been really bad though. Can they be competitive year 1? I think this is a total coin flip game, but tie goes to the home team so I’ll say UNM wins a razor tight game.

August 31 @ Utah Tech - W. This game will likely be very similar to our game against them last year. Race out to a big lead and then play the young guys. How about 2 road games to open up the season though? Don’t see that often. Cats roll

September 7 vs. Maine - W. Gold Rush against the Black Bears. That’s a looooong road trip for Maine, and probably an even uglier result. Should be over quick

September 14 BYE. Advantage of playing week 0 is two bye weeks.

September 21 vs. Mercyhurst - W. By now I’m sure everyone knows that 2 weeks ago, Stephen F. Austin cancelled their game with the cats, leaving them scrambling to find a new opponent. Mercyhurst enters their first year in the FCS. For perspective, they lost to Ferris State 54-12 last year, so imagine what the cats are gonna do them.

September 28 @ Idaho State - W. Good game to open the conference slate with. Could be a little tighter than we may expect, but they should win comfortably.

October 5 vs. Northern Colorado - W. Clip board gate 2.0? That may be the only fun that comes out of this game.

October 12 vs. Idaho - W. This one’s gonna be a ball game. The cats fell right into Idahos trap last year. Did they learn their lesson? Their personnel may not be as good, but that style is hard to play against. I say the cats pull it out at home though.

October 19 @ Portland State - W. Can’t see this being much of an issue.

October 26 BYE

November 9 vs. Sacramento State - W. Tough game at home. Sac hasn’t been to Bozeman since 2019. If the cats can beat them in Sacramento, then they should be able to beat them at home. Close game, but the cats win.

November 16 @ UC Davis - L. This one has trap game written all over it. The week before the Brawl, probably a night game, against potentially the best offense in the league. Hastings and Larison are a dangerous combination. Perhaps they get caught looking ahead? I say they lose this one in similar fashion to how they lost to Idaho

November 23 vs. Montana. I don’t pick this one, but it should be a war, and could very well be for the conference title again.

——————————

I got the cats going 10-2 or 9-3. Certainly some games in there they could slip up in, but those final 3 games of the year, plus Idaho are gonna be tough. That’s my prediction. Thoughts????
200 degrees:ROFLMAO:

No, I definitely don't see them 11-0. They are going to lose to UNM. UNM loaded up on the defense through the portal. They also brought in some hogs on the Oline to beef up their running game. Home field, it's going to be hot but no more than Montana in the summer. ABQ is up in some elevation. I think the puddy tats lost more than they gained. I see a close game until mid 3rd, then UNM will pull away with a two score win.

Also curious to see the differences in it with Housewright gone. Some people legitimately called him some kind of "creative genius" with this offense. I didn't necessarily buy that, but I also don't know what their playbook looks like. Now I hear so many Cat fans in my life talking about Tommy opening up the passing game this year.

I'm actually looking forward to watching their first game. Really interested to see what they come out with.
The 50:50 ball route tree was a stroke of genius. At least when they had an NFL caliber type receiver that is.

Speaking of stroking, did Sixx have one last season. Seems to not recall much of the season or give in depth reasons for the change at coordinators other than we needed to MIX things up?

The 50:50 ball route tree was a stroke of genius. At least when they had an NFL caliber type receiver that is.

Speaking of stroking, did Sixx have one last season. Seems to not recall much of the season or give in depth reasons for the change at coordinators other than we needed to MIX things up?
I am pretty sure I could design similar route trees. Think Housewright will take me under his wing?

I think they will roll New Mexico and will bring more fans to the stadium than the home team.
As for the season, if key spots stay healthy, they might have a few close games but drop one game. I wouldn't be surprised if they roll into the Brawl undefeated either.

Back