• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Camden Sirmon transfers to Sentinel

ilovethecats said:
garizzalies said:
Damn. I was hoping they would get split up with the new HS. Is that still a thing?

The new school is just going to be grades 9-11 to start. All seniors will be allowed to stay at their current high school.

Something similar to what Big Sky did back in the day when it opened....opened only with 9th graders, if I recall correctly.

SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:
Sentinel was already loaded. Holy crap. I think they’ll have at least 4 D1 scholly’s this year as seniors (jace, Rollins, raucsh, and now Sirmon). Probably more scholly’s too, and some waiting in the wings. Has that ever happened in MT? 4 Senior d1’s on the same team?
StrangurySince03, do you know?
And just MSLA’s luck. They finally have a team for the century, and it just happens to be during the bug of the century

Bozeman High has at least 4 as well this year...Eidens, Lang twins (both have offers from UM) and Fedyk.
Ha! Leonard makes 5! Right?

You can go eat a big bowl of pink dog boners

[Not you personally, succat; you’re mostly ok, all things considered. That was mainly directed at BHS and GVHBs.]

grizfan1984 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
My goodness, I'm respecting your hustle of late.
A few other Sentinel kids to keep an eye on
Geno Leonard LB
Donovan South S
Soren Syvrud DE
Haiden Crews QB
Sentinel is also loaded with a bunch of younger guys too.
Are there some brothers that are pretty good?
Like does Haiden have a brother or something? Younger? Do you know his position?
IIRC, Haiden was like a wildcat QB. I wonder how much Coach Oliver will use that with the depth at QB now

garizzalies said:
Sentinel was already loaded. Holy crap. I think they’ll have at least 4 D1 scholly’s this year as seniors (jace, Rollins, raucsh, and now Sirmon). Probably more scholly’s too, and some waiting in the wings. Has that ever happened in MT? 4 Senior d1’s on the same team?
StrangurySince03, do you know?
And just MSLA’s luck. They finally have a team for the century, and it just happens to be during the bug of the century

My ancient graduating class in '89, at Butte High, had 3 sign D1 with the Griz, and a couple more kids (a record setter) at a lower level in college. All 3 Griz were BSC All-Conference and 2 of the 3 were All-Americans. 1 of them received 37 from Tim Hauck and wore it for many years.

Sentinel is making looking formidable. Good for them. :clap:

garizzalies said:
SACCAT66 said:
Bozeman High has at least 4 as well this year...Eidens, Lang twins (both have offers from UM) and Fedyk.

[Not you personally, succat; you’re mostly ok, all things considered. That was mainly directed at BHS and GVHBs.]

Red rockets.

OK, it has come to this point, after 15 years on this board, I have something to confess: My father attended and graduated from BHS. It happened. We have since gotten past it, and have moved forward. It hasn’t been easy carrying this fact with me for all of these years, but, I do feel a sense of relief and closure in sharing it with the group. I thank you all for allowing me and my family privacy during this time. As always, however, I am taking any and all questions.

I’m an open book, now. Whew.

rollo_tumasi said:
Neil Daily would have been a Senior at Sentinel this year too, if he hadn't moved to Billings.

I graduated HS with Daly's father and mother, who was a great athlete himself.

Neil's grandfather and I tried to get them to move back to Butte when they were leaving Missoula, but they chose Billings. Could have used Neil in this past state championship!! :thumb:

garizzalies said:
grizfan1984 said:
A few other Sentinel kids to keep an eye on
Geno Leonard LB
Donovan South S
Soren Syvrud DE
Haiden Crews QB
Sentinel is also loaded with a bunch of younger guys too.
Like does Haiden have a brother or something? Younger? Do you know his position?
IIRC, Haiden was like a wildcat QB. I wonder how much Coach Oliver will use that with the depth at QB now
Yes I believe Haiden has a little brother Zac Crews who is a Junior, Rausch has a little brother as well, also watch for some Schweyens to be in the program this year. Sentinel is very deep for years to come. Also a Decoite coming through

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:

Red rockets.

OK, it has come to this point, after 15 years on this board, I have something to confess: My father attended and graduated from BHS. It happened. We have since gotten past it, and have moved forward. It hasn’t been easy carrying this fact with me for all of these years, but, I do feel a sense of relief and closure in sharing it with the group. I thank you all for allowing me and my family privacy during this time. As always, however, I am taking any and all questions.

I’m an open book, now. Whew.
Yes! Red Rocket Cereal!

It’s ok. You can’t pick your family. But you’ve shown real progress.

And I’ve got a ton of family over there too. I went to my cousin’s tailgate once, and there were these two middle-aged fat dudes we were calling “Tweedle-dumbshit and Tweedle-dipshit.”

For every game, they both wear matching train driving uniforms—big carhart bibs with vertical stripes of blue-n-gold. I’m sure all the GVHBs know who I’m talking about. Right? Come on, someone back me up.

To their credit, they deserve a slight tip of a stripped denim conductor hat for their fantastically simpleminded trash talk. I can’t explain it but it’s incredibly effective. Like foul mouthed third-graders. Their seats are down by the Griz family seating and Griz sideline, and every other year I want to strangle them.

grizfan1984 said:
garizzalies said:
Yes I believe Haiden has a little brother Zac Crews who is a Junior, Rausch has a little brother as well, also watch for some Schweyens to be in the program this year. Sentinel is very deep for years to come. Also a Decoite coming through
:thumb: I have to count the number on the Griz roster again from Sentinel. By far the most of any HS

I think Oliver will find a way to spread the ball around but I suspect Haiden may get more touches other than at QB (if I’m thinking about the right kid). Maybe RB, slot, H, or something like that.

Back