• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Butte’s Jake Olson Commits!

Jake Olson talks on TV about Griz commitment:

https://www.montanasports.com/category/high-school/football/butte-highs-jake-olson-relieved-with-university-of-montana-commitment

garizzalies said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Olson will be the tallest player on the field at UM, the defender guarding Olson won't be as tall as these defenders in this pic. Can you say red-zone threat?

Jake-Olson-1.jpg

This pic is F’n epic! It looks like he’s dunking over the whole damn team. The one kid is getting bonked on the head. Can only assume the last defender is lying under his soles.
Is that Deck?

I found this picture that is definitely Drew Deck and Jacob Olson... Former combatants, now future teammates!

Jacob-Olson.jpg

With Butte down 0-13 and Helena Capital lining up for a FG this past Friday night, Olson rushed the middle of the line, jumped up and put a big paw up and blocked the FG attempt...a teammate returned it for a long TD... big play, as Butte won 20-13.

I would like to see Olson swatting FG attempts for the Griz as well.

garizzalies said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Olson will be the tallest player on the field at UM, the defender guarding Olson won't be as tall as these defenders in this pic. Can you say red-zone threat?

Jake-Olson-1.jpg

This pic is F’n epic! It looks like he’s dunking over the whole damn team. The one kid is getting bonked on the head. Can only assume the last defender is lying under his soles.
Is that Deck?

I guess some ppl are more easily impressed than I. Epic? yikes! Everyone is a Hs hero. And rising over 4 flat-footed Montana white guys doesn't impress me as much as some.

He does look a lot like his dad, and I love legacy stories, but again, I'll reserve my excitement until he deserves it.

Zirg said:
garizzalies said:
Is that Deck?

I guess some ppl are more easily impressed than I. Epic? yikes! Everyone is a Hs hero. And rising over 4 flat-footed Montana white guys doesn't impress me as much as some.

He does look a lot like his dad, and I love legacy stories, but again, I'll reserve my excitement until he deserves it.

I bet you’re a fucking blast to party with. You are the consummate “turd in the punch bowl”..... :lol: :lol: :roll:

Jake Olson's coach (former D1 two sport athlete) says in the below article the Griz got a steal.

6'7" 1/2 Olson comments on how much he likes to block. Thank christ because college and pro TEs are all to often these days too soft. DOLA returns!

https://buttesports.com/now-its-real-jake-olson-officially-signs-with-griz/

Jake Olson is leading his team; averaging 14.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game...lost to the defending state champions on a last second 3.

Latest posts

Back