• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Weekend Takeaways….

HelenaHandBasket said:
dayday said:
2. Weber did have their QB play in that game and still couldn’t hang with JMU. JMU’s offense is legit.

This is incorrect. Bronson Barron did not play against JMU.

I looked at the stats and looks like you are right. I just assumed that 16 was Barron when I tuned in on the second half. So I suppose that made some difference.

dayday said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I looked at the stats and looks like you are right. I just assumed that 16 was Barron when I tuned in on the second half. So I suppose that made some difference.

Huge difference IMO. The Weber back up QB was not a good passer or runner and had a momentum killing turnover from jmu 10 yard line as Weber was going to score early to tie the game 10-10. Instead the 88 yard fumble return TD for jmu made it 17-3. Was all downhill from there. Jmu looked good though for sure.

dayday said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't think it would have made much difference. Weber looked small and slow next to JMU and the QB wouldn't have made the 15-20 missed open field tackles.

My take-away is that after our first win of the season, the Griz will have the crosshairs on their back for the remainder of the season. Reminiscent of the good old days when we were THE team to beat in the BSC.

Back