• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bring Back Our Pre-Game Flags Tradition

PeauxRouge said:
argh! said:
PeauxRouge said:
argh! said:
i thought that was delaney, and stitt reduced them, making people unhappy. egriz searches aren't the most helpful, but i'll give it a try. i'm probably remembering wrong.

I thought the opposite. I have some stitt era games recorded still, I'll see if the camera catches the tunnel run. I swear it was under Stitt that the flag explosion took place.

i was correct, for once. here is an older post from greenie:
"Traditions/Things that have changed this year
A bunch of flags not carried out on field by team at start of game. Just the hammer, which I believe ... after game, not to the parents. Did Griz Jacks come back? I haven't noticed. I know Stitt got rid of them. Pre-season practice back to Dornblaser. Some players kneeling in .."

What Stitt year is this coming from?

yikes, i'm a little out of it (pain), and that was posted just last year. doing some searches to see if i can figure it out. for some reason, i still think greenie would know this type of stuff best.

mtgrizfankb said:
Who thinks about these things? Then writes a letter about it....get off my lawn

Hey flags are the new uniform combo hot topic.

Roll with it baby.

argh! said:
PeauxRouge said:
argh! said:
PeauxRouge said:
I thought the opposite. I have some stitt era games recorded still, I'll see if the camera catches the tunnel run. I swear it was under Stitt that the flag explosion took place.

A bunch of flags not carried out on field by team at start of game. Just the hammer, which I believe ... after game, not to the parents. Did Griz Jacks come back? I haven't noticed. I know Stitt got rid of them. Pre-season practice back to Dornblaser. Some players kneeling in .."

yikes, that was posted just last year. doing some searches to see if i can figure it out. for some reason, i still think greenie would know this type of stuff best. very important subject, though, nothing to ignore.

argh! said:
PeauxRouge said:
argh! said:
PeauxRouge said:

yikes, i'm a little out of it (pain), and that was posted just last year. doing some searches to see if i can figure it out. for some reason, i still think greenie would know this type of stuff best.

Well, I'm no help either. I went back to see what I had recorded but it looks like the only two I have are away games at PSU in 2017 and at ISU in 2015...Apparently I didn't like the outcome of quite a few and deleted them...

Shit was getting out of hand. There was the American Flag, the state flag, the pirate flag, the sledge hammer, some Montana shaped brand. I just kept waiting for that remote controlled tackling dummy to roll out of the tunnel and jump a shark tank.

We have a color guard at the beginning of every pregame. Stand up straight, put your hand over your heart and sing the national anthem. That's tradition.

griz4life said:
Shit was getting out of hand. There was the American Flag, the state flag, the pirate flag, the sledge hammer, some Montana shaped brand. I just kept waiting for that remote controlled tackling dummy to roll out of the tunnel and jump a shark tank.

We have a color guard at the beginning of every pregame. Stand up straight, put your hand over your heart and sing the national anthem. That's tradition.

Yep. I'm down with that. Let your on-field play do the talking.

griz4life said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jodcon said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Big Sage said:
Everyone does the flag deal. Even High School. Kinda old

Well, this IS America.

This IS America, yes?

I prefer to wear my old school flag jock strap.

Rhode Island School of Design?

giphy.gif

I suspect that in the future running out of the tunnel with flags will be considered too aggressive and instead players will have to run out twirling those long gymnastics ribbons.

cclarkblues said:
I suspect that in the future running out of the tunnel with flags will be considered too aggressive and instead players will have to run out twirling those long gymnastics ribbons.

:lol: :clap:

griz4life said:

I like the idea of the tackling dummy dressed up as a shark & falling into a kiddy pool but coming out of the visiting entrance with Monte & maybe even Monte tackling it into the kiddy pool. That would be fun.
As far as the flags that should be left up to the coach!

don't they just run out with a sledgehammer now? I think that speaks volumes. much more bad ass than 100 flags.

:rockon:

hilinegrizfan said:
don't they just run out with a sledgehammer now? I think that speaks volumes. much more bad ass than 100 flags.

:rockon:

Indeed. Sledgehammer has “We’re going to hammer your ass” branded on the handle.

Back