• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brent Pease Emerging as Leading Candidate for Idaho

A dead end job that has been proven since the late 90's. No facility upgrades. They play in one of the oldest "stadiums".
Given how the game has changed and you basically get a couple years now, as a head coach to prove yourself, why would you go there?
Going back home, is always nice. You can also travel back home. If they get him, they better make one hell of an offer and offer some improvements that don't tie both arms behind the back..
Brent has been around some very successful programs. Hal Mumme comes to mind. If a Petrino can't make it work, I don't think someone who is having great success in year 3, basically needs to move to a train wreck, this late in his career. My two cents.
Brent has a better calling, than Idaho...PERIOD and its either with the Montana Grizzlies or a TRUE FBS team. And btw F$$k Idaho.

Griz1 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Marc doesn’t coach

I'm not saying it would happen. However, just because he doesn't coach sure doesn't mean he couldn't. In my opinion I think he has the potential to be a great one.
He's doing well in real estate in Nashville.

Griz1 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Marc doesn’t coach

I'm not saying it would happen. However, just because he doesn't coach sure doesn't mean he couldn't. In my opinion I think he has the potential to be a great one.
I don’t know why you would think that. He’s never coached. Most great players are not great coaches. And his personality fits what he is doing now way more than coaching

WaGriz4life said:
Griz1 said:
I don’t know why you would think that. He’s never coached. Most great players are not great coaches. And his personality fits what he is doing now way more than coaching

Another thing to consider is the pay. Many position coaches are either newer guys that are willing to take lower pay as they use it for a stepping stone. While others in many cases have already made a bunch elsewhere and don’t need the lower pay to totally survive on. A guy like Marc, successful in his current field, would probably never consider a spot like this due to the pay + higher cost of living here. (Id guess)

BWahlberg said:
WaGriz4life said:

Another thing to consider is the pay. Many position coaches are either newer guys that are willing to take lower pay as they use it for a stepping stone. While others in many cases have already made a bunch elsewhere and don’t need the lower pay to totally survive on. A guy like Marc, successful in his current field, would probably never consider a spot like this due to the pay + higher cost of living here. (Id guess)
More importantly he’s not a coach. If he wanted to coach he would be. He doesn’t. If he decided he wanted to his first job would not be a D1 position coach

I guess Rob Phenicie is available to be Pease’s offensive coordinator. Maybe Jason Semore is available as defensive coordinator.

kemajic said:
Griz1 said:

Makes more in one transaction in real estate than in a full year of coaching.

BDizzle said:
kemajic said:

Makes more in one transaction in real estate than in a full year of coaching.

This... Assistant coaches make around $40K a year at UM and MSU. Why would you leave Nashville and take more than a 300% pay cut (my guess is WAY more than that actually...probably about 600%)

Jesse said:
HookedonGriz said:
According to FootballScoop it sounds like Pease may be heading home. I believe he was born and raised in Moscow. Would hate to see him go but he’d be a good pick up for them.

I thought he was from mountain home Idaho where the air base is.

Yep born in Moscow and grew up in Mountain Home.

Brother Bear said:
It would be a good hire for Idaho. Would this open the door for a return of Robin Pflugrad to Montana at all to coach receivers and help out with the offense?

He’s coaching with his O.C. son Aaron and good friend/head coach Ball. So…No.

I just read on line a list of the top 15 candidates for Idaho and Pease was not on the list--that doesn't necessarily mean anything but interesting. I can't imagine why he would want to go to a place with crappy facilities and crappy teams for a number of years unless he wants to be a HC and make more money

Griz66 said:
I just read on line a list of the top 15 candidates for Idaho and Pease was not on the list--that doesn't necessarily mean anything but interesting. I can't imagine why he would want to go to a place with crappy facilities and crappy teams for a number of years unless he wants to be a HC and make more money
"unless he wants to be a HC and make more money"

ordigger said:
Let’s hope he takes TR with him then we can snag Phencie and Ferriter to replace them.
Yeah, I'm sure Bobby wants the OC he sent packing at UNLV back here. Also why would Rosie want to be the OC at Idaho? I can't imagine the pay is any better than here.

Latest posts

Back