• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat OC "We got our ass kicked" video

WaGriz4life said:
406 Grizzly said:
After nearly 20 years working in politics in Washington DC, this is a mess for the Cats football program and the fans in general. Never ramble! Answers shouldn’t be longer than 10-12 seconds. Never hold your head down low like that and look beaten down, etc, etc, etc. Subdued no, but he looks and speaks like he is drowning and doesn’t know which way is up. Ok, +1 for being honest, but the optics of this are just awful! I guarantee every head football coach will use this as a teaching tool to show their assistants coaches of what not to do and say in a presser conference.
Hilarious you think a press conference by an assistant coach matters at all

Seriously?? It’s GRIZ-cat. It would matter if they interviewed the assistant to the assistant manager of rest room maintenance.

WaGriz4life said:
406 Grizzly said:
You bet it does! Everything post game is being watched and critiqued.
It is by fans. Fans opinions don’t matter. They don’t matter at all. What do you expect this guy to say? He took responsibility said they got their ass kicked and they will get better.

The fact you are asking that question is hilarious. This post game interviews are watched by other teams. Not just fans. We know this from years of experience. Why the hell do you think Bobby Hauck very rarely answers anything substantive and almost never lets an assistant speak post game. Even the players are pulled aside by the assistant AD and told how to answer questions. There is a reason for all of that.

406 Grizzly said:
WaGriz4life said:
It is by fans. Fans opinions don’t matter. They don’t matter at all. What do you expect this guy to say? He took responsibility said they got their ass kicked and they will get better.

The fact you are asking that question is hilarious. This post game interviews are watched by other teams. Not just fans. We know this from years of experience. Why the hell do you think Bobby Hauck very rarely answers anything substantive and almost never lets an assistant speak post game. Even the players are pulled aside by the assistant AD and told how to answer questions. There is a reason for all of that.
LOL 👍

WaGriz4life said:
406 Grizzly said:
LOL 👍

Well, I guess ignorance is bliss…or stupidity! I can’t tell the difference here. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Vigen put him in a terrible spot. He should have never been allowed to do the press confrence. It looked like the kid that changes oil at the jiffy lube was set out to take the blame for the bobcats pitiful offense. I know he is the oc but isn't Vigen supposed to be some great offense mind and qb coach? I certain)y saw no evidence of that last Saturday. Housewright seems like a ok guy looks just like alot of the assistant coaches down here in the pop Warner leauge and has about the same experiance level.

WaGriz4life said:
406 Grizzly said:
You bet it does! Everything post game is being watched and critiqued.

WaGriz, really, are you being serious? This is D1 ball we're talking about here. When I watch this I'm literally staring at the screen in and shouting at him to just shut up! All over Twitter today and a story in 406 Sports. I guess its not just fans watching. ;)

This !

grizingatorland said:
Vigen put him in a terrible spot. I know he is the oc but isn't Vigen supposed to be some great offense mind and qb coach? I saw no evidence of that last Saturday.

zengriz said:
…that reminds a guy of that old saying…
…hit you so hard..knock out your whole family…
griz hit them so hard they lose their next game too

…ftc…

+1! From your keyboard to God's ears!

Say without saying

In his first six games of the season, McKay averaged 224 passing yards per game and threw 12 total TDs against one interception with a 67.9% completion rate. In the five games since, he’s averaged 112.8 passing yards per game with four TDs and two INTs, and he’s completed 55% of his throws.

Housewright was asked Wednesday why McKay has struggled recently.

“I don't really want to answer that, to be honest with you,” Housewright said after a pause. “We'll get better at that position.”

He neither confirmed nor denied that diminished confidence might be ailing McKay.

“At quarterback, it's all confidence,” Housewright said. “Any athlete, regardless of sport, if you lose your confidence, then you're not going to be very good. That's the difference between good players and great players, good quarterbacks and great quarterbacks.”

As the season has worn on, Tommy Mellott has replaced McKay for significant stretches of games.
Housewright didn’t indicate if Mellott or second-string QB Tucker Rovig, who started in 2019, will see the field more in the playoffs.
Chicken soup for the kid’s confidence

garizzalies said:
Say without saying

[quote]In his first six games of the season, McKay averaged 224 passing yards per game and threw 12 total TDs against one interception with a 67.9% completion rate. In the five games since, he’s averaged 112.8 passing yards per game with four TDs and two INTs, and he’s completed 55% of his throws.

Housewright was asked Wednesday why McKay has struggled recently.

“I don't really want to answer that, to be honest with you,” Housewright said after a pause. “We'll get better at that position.”

He neither confirmed nor denied that diminished confidence might be ailing McKay.

“At quarterback, it's all confidence,” Housewright said. “Any athlete, regardless of sport, if you lose your confidence, then you're not going to be very good. That's the difference between good players and great players, good quarterbacks and great quarterbacks.”

As the season has worn on, Tommy Mellott has replaced McKay for significant stretches of games.
Housewright didn’t indicate if Mellott or second-string QB Tucker Rovig, who started in 2019, will see the field more in the playoffs.
Chicken soup for the kid’s confidence
[/quote]

Wouldn't have anything to do with who the opposition was for those games, would it?

Remember when Rovig was promoted as the savior for the kitty QB quandry?

MikeyGriz said:
Wouldn't have anything to do with who the opposition was for those games, would it?

Remember when Rovig was promoted as the savior for the kitty QB quandry?

First thought I had as well. They looked like killers the first six games of the season….then the competition got better. :lol:

Back