• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison Shit The Bed!

Da Boyz Mom said:
kemajic said:
Why? In general it's the elite FCS programs that have players capable of FBS competition (e.g., Taure) and have more to lose than the middle of the road FCS teams.

True, however FBS teams are still going to have roster and scholarship limits. So for every player who transfers into a program, another player will be displaced and need somewhere to go - which could be a school at any level. Yes it's going to be a transfer carousel, with the big boy schools benefiting the most, but that doesn't necessarily mean that FCS schools are going to get the worst of it.

Not if they replace graduating players with the transfers they recruit. There is a lot of rumblings that FBS schools will spend much more time and resources on recruiting the portal than recruiting high school kids.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
True, however FBS teams are still going to have roster and scholarship limits. So for every player who transfers into a program, another player will be displaced and need somewhere to go - which could be a school at any level. Yes it's going to be a transfer carousel, with the big boy schools benefiting the most, but that doesn't necessarily mean that FCS schools are going to get the worst of it.

To be completely blunt, you are trying to defend something that is not really defendable based on pure common sense.

The impacts are going to be detrimental for the elite FCS teams where a few marquee players can sometimes make or break a team and losing them can bring a team down to earth.

Do you really think a Cooper Kupp stays all four years at EWU going forward? No f###[#] way.

Does Sam Houston beat NDSU if NDSU still has Josh Hayes and Adam Cofield? No clue, but I guarantee you Josh Hays and Adam Cofield do not transfer to lower/middle tier FBS programs had the transfer rule not been in place....and I guarantee you having those two players would have made the Bison a better football team during these playoffs.

If FBS schools can poach the best FCS players, then why can't FCS coaches poach the best players from other FCS schools, etc.? Sure kids are going to move around more, but let's face it, recruiting is a game anyway. Whoever learns to game the system the best is going to come out on top. (Coaches and players have already been gaming the system for a long time.) I'm not saying I agree with it, but it is what it is. Coaches will figure out how to deal with it I'm sure.

Maybe it will result in more parity across the FCS, or maybe not. We shall see. Sorry to distract you from your "the sky is falling" mantra. Carry on.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Not if they replace graduating players with the transfers they recruit. There is a lot of rumblings that FBS schools will spend much more time and resources on recruiting the portal than recruiting high school kids.

I could see that happening to a certain degree, but coaches are not going to focus on the portal to the extent that they're willing to let the best players coming out of high school just walk. Who knows, this rule change may cause enough problems that the NCAA has to implement a whole bunch of new rules to deal with it. We'll see.

The last NFL draft was the biggest advertisement for NDSU football that prospects will ever need. TWO guys that stayed there for their entire careers got drafted #3 overall and in the 2nd round, while the one dude who "took his talents to the next level" very likely hurt his draft stock doing so.

Why are Bison fans worried at all about the transfer portal? You guys have benefited just as much as (if not more than) a lot of other top FCS programs over the years from drop down transfer rules. You guys will be fine.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

To be completely blunt, you are trying to defend something that is not really defendable based on pure common sense.

The impacts are going to be detrimental for the elite FCS teams where a few marquee players can sometimes make or break a team and losing them can bring a team down to earth.

Do you really think a Cooper Kupp stays all four years at EWU going forward? No f###[#] way.

Does Sam Houston beat NDSU if NDSU still has Josh Hayes and Adam Cofield? No clue, but I guarantee you Josh Hays and Adam Cofield do not transfer to lower/middle tier FBS programs had the transfer rule not been in place....and I guarantee you having those two players would have made the Bison a better football team during these playoffs.

And if, and if, and if, .....................

But i thought NDSU had an NFL roster for a team so shouldn't the next man up been able to step up with no drop off of talent?

Back