• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Standings and playoff talk

AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz have:

Sac State (Away)
EWU (Home)
PSU (Away)
Idaho (Home)
Weber (Home)
Kittens (Away)

Not an easy task...

Definitely going to be tough, but from what I’ve seen, every one of those games is winnable. Win out, and we likely are looking at one of the top 4 seeds.

If we win out (and that’s a GIGANTIC “if”), we’ll be the 2 seed at a minimum. Guaranteed. We would be 11-0 against FCS competition .

Not going to happen. Very, very, very slight chance you guys are the #2 seed. And I'm not saying the griz wouldn't deserve it, IF they do actually win out. But you are still looking up at NDSU, JMU, and SDSU. Chances are better that JMU wins out, and the winner of NDSU vs. SDSU wins out. Unless one of those teams suffers an upset, it leaves the griz at #3, at best. And if NDSU/SDSU is very close, the committee could potentially leave the loser above the griz in the seedings.

MTCowpoke said:
AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz have:

Sac State (Away)
EWU (Home)
PSU (Away)
Idaho (Home)
Weber (Home)
Kittens (Away)

Not an easy task...

Definitely going to be tough, but from what I’ve seen, every one of those games is winnable. Win out, and we likely are looking at one of the top 4 seeds.

If we win out (and that’s a GIGANTIC “if”), we’ll be the 2 seed at a minimum. Guaranteed. We would be 11-0 against FCS competition .

Not going to happen. Very, very, very slight chance you guys are the #2 seed. And I'm not saying the griz wouldn't deserve it, IF they do actually win out. But you are still looking up at NDSU, JMU, and SDSU. Chances are better that JMU wins out, and the winner of NDSU vs. SDSU wins out. Unless one of those teams suffers an upset, it leaves the griz at #3, at best. And if NDSU/SDSU is very close, the committee could potentially leave the loser above the griz in the seedings.

Obviously NDSU and JMU are the two teams at this point that are keeping the Griz from getting the #2 seed. The only way I can see the Griz getting a #2 seed would be for JMU to get tripped up before the end of the season. A JMU loss would open the path for Montana to get that #2 seed as NDSU and SDSU still have to play, so one of those teams losing would also help the Griz. I think an SDSU loss is better for Montana than an NDSU loss, because even if NDSU loses, I think they would potentially still get that #2 seed just because of who they are.

While it's a lot of fun to dream about "What if" scenarios at this point, It's all a moot point if the Griz don't keep winning. The idea of winning out the rest of the schedule is exciting, and I hope that the Griz can do just that. It's been a while since we've been able to be excited like this half way through the season. :lol:

We play or played all these teams this year. wow.

https://twitter.com/BigSkyFB/status/1183810157999841286?s=20

EverettGriz said:
This entire thread feels like bad juju.

Yeah everybody needs to slow down! Even if we keep this level of play up there’s still a good chance you lose at least 1. I’m not assuming anything after what we’ve been through these previous few years (even though this year feels much different). I think getting a top 8 seed would be great for this team.

Holy shit, all this talk of losing "one" practically wills it to happen. No, we are going to run the table and will that to happen.

Why not

Grizzly Oredigger said:
EverettGriz said:
This entire thread feels like bad juju.

Yeah everybody needs to slow down! Even if we keep this level of play up there’s still a good chance you lose at least 1. I’m not assuming anything after what we’ve been through these previous few years (even though this year feels much different). I think getting a top 8 seed would be great for this team.

And as I said earlier, I’m not stipulating anything to NDSU or JMU until it happens.

Paytonlives said:
Weber has a gauntlet also...

VS NORTHERN ARIZONA
AT UC DAVIS
AT SACRAMENTO STATE
VS NORTH DAKOTA
AT MONTANA
VS IDAHO STATE

That schedule does łook nasty
If either of us win out we would definitely earn a top 4 seed.

Back