• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big 10 to only have Conference Football games... Trickle down to FCS about to begin

6m
Like the Ivy League, looks like National Junior College Athletic Association will not have fall sports. NJCAA Presidential Advisory Council recommends a majority of competition, including football, move to spring of 2021. An official plan will be determined Monday

Screw it! The only reason to set foot on these Marxist indoctrinated campuses is for sports. Turn football & basketball into semi-pro, and everything else intramural. You can get your degrees or certifications online now. Trouble is, a lot of us enjoyed getting out of our towns and basements, hanging out in beer joints, seducing college chicks, and generally immersing ourselves in the decadence of cool college towns. So, there’s that!

Appears that trending move to significantly limiting fall sports is gaining traction. Got our tickets for season but my educated hunch says Griz season on life support. My doc told me last week that the virus hasn’t really got started yet in western Montana and our “first wave” will hit hard by late summer, early fall.

Hoping for best but prepped for disappointment. All couldn’t come at worse time for a struggling UM

As always

GoGriz

NM governor has no authority over our universities but she is "begging" (probably threatening) them to cancel fall sports. It probably won't be long until UNM and NMSU cave.

Da Boyz Mom said:
NM governor has no authority over our universities but she is "begging" (probably threatening) them to cancel fall sports. It probably won't be long until UNM and NMSU cave.

They should cancel fall sports.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanHoops
2m
I have already been told by one mid-major coach that his administration has told them that they are not allowed to travel via plane this season.

Question for the group: If MTcolleges shut down football, will the MHSA in Montana shut down high school, or just keep going?

Ursus1 said:
Question for the group: If MTcolleges shut down football, will the MHSA in Montana shut down high school, or just keep going?

I have a bunch friends that are high school coaches, AD's etc.. Most were pretty optimistic a couple weeks ago. This week that optimism is not quite there anymore. It really is a shame if they can't play this year. It will be the last time most of those kids can play organized football.

UncleRico said:
Ursus1 said:

I have a bunch friends that are high school coaches, AD's etc.. Most were pretty optimistic a couple weeks ago. This week that optimism is not quite there anymore. It really is a shame if they can't play this year. It will be the last time most of those kids can play organized football.

Amen
Stories about this will be told for generations.

Da Boyz Mom said:

Just curious, but how does a state's governor have no authority when it comes to a state's institutions of higher learning?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the virus has a lower mortality rate than the flu for those under 70. Right?

Average age of mortality is 82.

So don't suit up any players over 25, quarantine any coaches over 70, maybe space out fans, take temperature when you enter the stadium, etc.

Nobody freaked out when there were thousands protesting & rioting, and likely sharing cannabis, hooch, and other goodies during and after their "protests".

grizindabox said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Just curious, but how does a state's governor have no authority when it comes to a state's institutions of higher learning?

I honestly don't know, only that she is quoted as saying so. Since she has not hesitated to use her authority in any other way, I am confident that if she could, she would shut down fall sports within the universities as well.

Back