• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beau Braden WSU transfer

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:
How come? When you guys got Sterk no one (and I mean no one) there or here or anywhere knew if he’d be a great player or excellent addition for the cats. Hell he didn’t really take snap for Washington or play in any games so it was a total crap shoot. I don’t see how that is very different than this situation.

Sterk is a freak athlete who had multiple full ride FBS offers coming out of high school. He was buried on the depth chart at UW behind 4* guys, many of whom were drafted to the league.

In high school competed in the 100, 200, 300 hurdles, shot, disc and the 400 and 1600 relays.

When he showed up in Bozeman he looked different that any other dude on the team and everyone (Colter, Choate, Gregorak, etc) was raving about how this guy would dominate the big sky (which he did).

I think someone posted above that UM didn’t even offer this guy a scholarship out of high school so he walked on at wsu.

So yeah, the comparison is bold.

Yeah I don't wanna burst anyones bubble, but the Griz did not get a JD Quinn or Bryce Sterk this offseason.

No shit, Sherlocks. I didn't compare their play, as that's impossible at this point in time; Braden hasn't had his Big Sky chance yet. (Sterk did, and was awesome.)

I simply said Braden reminds me of Sterk because they are identical in size, and both transferred from Pac 12 universities, in the same state to the same state mind you. Rival schools in both situations to boot.

The only comment I made about their play was that they are both big and mobile. .

IntuitiveGriz said:
No shit, Sherlocks. I didn't compare their play, as that's impossible at this point in time; Braden hasn't had his Big Sky chance yet. (Sterk did, and was awesome.)

I simply said Braden reminds me of Sterk because they are identical in size, and both transferred from Pac 12 universities, in the same state to the same state mind you. Rival schools in both situations to boot.

The only comment I made about their play was that they are both big and mobile. .
Yeah that’s a bad comparison. Same size and from
PAC 12 schools when one was on scholarship and one was not and when their physical measurables athletically are not close to the same is a lazy comparison. I don’t think any of these transfers are impact players year 1.

WaGriz4life said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Yeah that’s a bad comparison. Same size and from
PAC 12 schools when one was on scholarship and one was not and when their physical measurables athletically are not close to the same is a lazy comparison. I don’t think any of these transfers are impact players year 1.
Disagree. I think Hicks Onu, Forbes and maybe Cotton will all have big years this year. I think Braden could crack the rotation too.

Beau Braden has athletic genes and competitiveness, his parents were both D1 swimmers, Dad at Washington and his Mom at Oregon State.

Hate to burst anybody’s Bobcat bubble but that’s a huge stretch to sister dominated the big sky 😂

Back