• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beau Baldwin putting his band back together

OrgonGriz said:
Hey one positive for Beau is he doesn’t seem to have to try and battle USC for recruits anymore! I heard that USC had the 84th ranked recruiting class so far this year! Toledo, Western Michigan and many other group of 5 had better recruiting.....
USC has had a few down years but I would have never suspected something like this. It makes me feel extremely grateful that UM was able to avoid such with the happenings over the past 6 or so years. Bobby being hired back was a life saving move by UM. Really...

Pretty pathetic for my beloved USC, which didn't sign a single player in the ESPN 300. But it's hard to convince top level talent to come when your coach is perpetually on a 1-year contract

OrgonGriz said:
Bobby being hired back was a life saving move by UM. Really...

Agree 100%. Right hire at a critical time for both the UM and it’s football team. Needed a spark and he provided it. The excitement is back. The improvement from year 1 to year 2 was astounding really, and I can’t wait to see what he can get done in year 3. Surprised he hasn’t been offered a contract extension and a raise already.

OrgonGriz said:
Hey one positive for Beau is he doesn’t seem to have to try and battle USC for recruits anymore! I heard that USC had the 84th ranked recruiting class so far this year! Toledo, Western Michigan and many other group of 5 had better recruiting.....
USC has had a few down years but I would have never suspected something like this. It makes me feel extremely grateful that UM was able to avoid such with the happenings over the past 6 or so years. Bobby being hired back was a life saving move by UM. Really...

As a USC fan, the debacle with Folt and Bohn sticking with Helton is mind-boggling. Yes the rest of the PAC-12 is like Hell Yeah! While USC fans everywhere are like WTF. Only positive was keeping GH from escaping back to Texas. Kids from South Cali that would have more than likely went to USC are like NOPE! with Helton at the helm.

kyle_sample said:
OrgonGriz said:

Pretty pathetic for my beloved USC, which didn't sign a single player in the ESPN 300. But it's hard to convince top level talent to come when your coach is perpetually on a 1-year contract

The new USC president is bad news. She was an awful dean at Dartmouth. Then, pres of UNC. Won't allow Urban Meyer to be hired. I think USC will regret hiring her, and the strong alumni there may run her out eventually. USC shouldn't have kept the coach. I don't like USC, so I am fine with all of this.

I did 4-H with J.C. And his sister when I was a kid, before they moved to Pullman.. Even in 7th grade he was crazy athletic.. We would play pickup basketball when not doing fair stuff.

Back