• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Aussie Aussie Aussie C- Ben Carter Signs

flatheadgriz406 said:
The comparison is easy being an Australian. Man, he seems like a Fab 2.0. Not over athletic but super smart and does all the little things. I could see him having to play this year just like Fab did as a Freshman. Not Ideal but based on need/lack of depth. He

Fab was a better prospect coming in. This guy could be better but time will tell. I think he needs a year at least to develop his body for the college game compared to Fab as he came right in to contribute and start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casewinter13 said:
dayday said:
casewinter13 said:
rosco said:
Watched the highlights a number of time and I think the man bun is fine, the size is a good thing, but just not seeing D1.
Thank f***[*] God you aren't involved in our recruiting efforts. He's a taller, slightly more skilled Krutwig from Loyola Chicago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He does kind of remind of Krutwig at least offensively. He has good touch and knows how to position his big body in the post. Not sure if he can consistently knock it down from 3, his highlights of him making one or two could be fools gold or could be a sign. His biggest problem is going to be defensively. I question his athleticism and ability to move his feet on switches. Ideally you would like to redshirt this kid to get him into your training program. He needs to lose a little weight but can’t teach size. If are able to redshirt him and Anderson that would amazing as both are great developmental pieces but I think one of them is going to have to play unless Peter Jones is able to contribute instead.

I obviously didn't follow him over an entire season but I've seen 3 different scouting reports that all said he has range out to 21 feet and that he is deadly in pick and pop and pick n roll, so apparently hasn't been fools good up to this point. As for defensively, he definitely needs to reshape his body, but if you don't think he has good feet, you're just not watching. He actually has very good feet and decent lateral quickness for a guy that size/shape. His hangups defensively are his conditioning and simply carrying 15+ lbs he doesn't need, not lack of feet.

He doesn’t have good feet. You prefacing it with qualifiers “for a guy that size/shape” does not change the fact that they are slow. He could absolutely change that by getting in better condition and losing the weight. This prospect will be a mystery this next year until I see how he stacks up against American college competition. He could surprise but think he might be a year from contributing. Just my opinion.

dayday said:
casewinter13 said:
dayday said:
casewinter13 said:
Thank f***[*] God you aren't involved in our recruiting efforts. He's a taller, slightly more skilled Krutwig from Loyola Chicago.

I obviously didn't follow him over an entire season but I've seen 3 different scouting reports that all said he has range out to 21 feet and that he is deadly in pick and pop and pick n roll, so apparently hasn't been fools good up to this point. As for defensively, he definitely needs to reshape his body, but if you don't think he has good feet, you're just not watching. He actually has very good feet and decent lateral quickness for a guy that size/shape. His hangups defensively are his conditioning and simply carrying 15+ lbs he doesn't need, not lack of feet.

He doesn’t have good feet. You prefacing it with qualifiers “for a guy that size/shape” does not change the fact that they are slow. He could absolutely change that by getting in better condition and losing the weight. This prospect will be a mystery this next year until I see how he stacks up against American college competition. He could surprise but think he might be a year from contributing. Just my opinion.

Couldn't agree with you more. Losing a few lbs may also help with the vertical.

dayday said:
casewinter13 said:
dayday said:
casewinter13 said:

rosco said:
dayday said:
casewinter13 said:
dayday said:

I don't expect Carson to contribute much this coming season. Especially with the development of Kramer, well ahead of schedule. The only way Carson contributes much is if Akoh and/or Kramer get injured. Even then, DeCuire has proven that he has no problems with a lot of minutes to a small lineup. It helps when the likes of Oguine, Moorehead, and Rorie are all solid to great rebounders for their positions. I am guessing that Dorsey will be a solid rebounder at the SF position as well.

You are right about Carson needing to lose some weight. It would help his overall game, especially defense and in the open court. As is, he isn't cumbersome, but surely not as athletic as he is capable of being. At worse, he will be a solid rebounder, screener, and on the block help defender. So much more can be done with him, if he loses 15 to 30 lbs.

dayday said:
casewinter13 said:
dayday said:
casewinter13 said:

He does kind of remind of Krutwig at least offensively. He has good touch and knows how to position his big body in the post. Not sure if he can consistently knock it down from 3, his highlights of him making one or two could be fools gold or could be a sign. His biggest problem is going to be defensively. I question his athleticism and ability to move his feet on switches. Ideally you would like to redshirt this kid to get him into your training program. He needs to lose a little weight but can’t teach size. If are able to redshirt him and Anderson that would amazing as both are great developmental pieces but I think one of them is going to have to play unless Peter Jones is able to contribute instead.

Slow isn’t good

Disagree completely, which pains me to say since I love Fab! What a great grizzly he turned out to be!
dayday said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
The comparison is easy being an Australian. Man, he seems like a Fab 2.0. Not over athletic but super smart and does all the little things. I could see him having to play this year just like Fab did as a Freshman. Not Ideal but based on need/lack of depth. He

Fab was a better prospect coming in. This guy could be better but time will tell. I think he needs a year at least to develop his body for the college game compared to Fab as he came right in to contribute and start.

Back