• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Athletes didn't develop serious heart issues from covid

BadlandsGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
This is 100% not accurate.

Except for the CDC has now said all vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks anymore so if you want to take your three masks off, you better roll up your sleeve.

Not sure if you’re saying I’m 100% not accurate cus you misused the quote function but here’s my link straight from the cdc.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

What’s Changed
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:

•You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask.

•You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household (for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
I don’t have those kinds of friends PR! :lol:

But it makes sense right? If we were all selfish dicks for not wearing masks, which is what we’ve been told for 9 months; now that the science says 2 masks is even better than one, are all those only wearing one measly mask selfish dicks too?!

:idea:

I agree. Did you ever not wear a mask in public when you were supposed to?

Nope. I was a good little boy and did what I was told. I don’t have an issue with it, I just think the whole thing is kind of funny.

After I had Covid I had some major breathing issues. Still do occasionally. Went in in January and got a scan on my lungs and have some minor scarring. Nothing serious in the words of the doctor. I was put on an inhaler that I never used before and still use it on occasion. He gave me a handwritten note saying if I was ever short of breath wearing a mask to take it off. I still have the note in my wallet. Only once have I had to pull it out to some skank in target when she made it a point to walk over to me from 50 feet away and tell me I needed a mask. She didn’t work there and I was annoyed that day. Laid into her.

Other than that I always have it in my pocket, and put it on when entering any business. Even restaurants from the door to my table 15 feet away.

It’s why I think the masks are such a cop out. Everywhere I go people are wearing masks. I travelled and everyone was wearing masks. Even today far more people seem to wear them than not. Yet as the virus exploded, like many viruses do, everyone claimed it was just irresponsible people not wearing masks! I’d love to see proof sometime of how many people never wore masks and how that was the main culprit of virus spread. :roll:

My DoorDasher today was wearing a gas mask. Like a military grade, double filter gas mask. I'm sure he had his reasons. Didn't affect me. What did affect me, however, is the fact that I ordered a pastrami sando with a side of mac salad, and he delivered me a dry turkey sando with just turkey, red onions, and cucumbers. That was it. No condiments. No cheese. No fun. He left it at reception, so I couldn't catch him in time. I am mad and sad. I'm also thinking about the person who got my order in the mix-up (who is clearly on some sort of diet) and how stoked s/he will be to open a hot pastrami with provolone, pickles, and vinaigrette slaw toasted on a hoagie roll. I will be taking no questions at this time. Thank you.

It’s why I think the masks are such a cop out. Everywhere I go people are wearing masks. I travelled and everyone was wearing masks. Even today far more people seem to wear them than not. Yet as the virus exploded, like many viruses do, everyone claimed it was just irresponsible people not wearing masks! I’d love to see proof sometime of how many people never wore masks and how that was the main culprit of virus spread. :roll:
[/quote]

I agree with this. I also got it at the first of the year (fortunately little symptoms just loss of taste and smell). I was never identified as a close contact to anyone who had it. I have no idea where I got it but it must have been while shopping or eating out - all of the time while everyone was masked up. Masks have some benefit but extremely limited and, as its been proven, they don't prevent large scale spread.

ranco said:

I agree with this. I also got it at the first of the year (fortunately little symptoms just loss of taste and smell). I was never identified as a close contact to anyone who had it. I have no idea where I got it but it must have been while shopping or eating out - all of the time while everyone was masked up. Masks have some benefit but extremely limited and, as its been proven, they don't prevent large scale spread.

Here’s an interesting article about the major differences in how Cali and Florida handled theirs and how the numbers were very similar.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-do-california-and-florida-have-similar-covid-19-case-rates-the-answer-is-complicated

Of course they’ve got a bunch of other reasons of why masks still work and how it’s “complicated”.

Back