• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Any news?

PlayerRep said:
Just read in Missoulian that Missoula County has 1 person hospitalized due to the Covid.

That's great news - would love to keep it that way - nobody from Gallatin County allowed here.

behappp said:
PlayerRep said:
Just read in Missoulian that Missoula County has 1 person hospitalized due to the Covid.

That's great news - would love to keep it that way - nobody from Gallatin County allowed here.

Totally. We now have FIVE people in the hospital! That makes it 14 people in the last four months. We should probably shut things down here too. It's just becoming far too dangerous. If we're not careful, we could average 4 people hospitalized from this virus every month! I can only assume 4 people a month from the Corona HAS to be our leading cause of hospitalizations....

:coffee:

I know there is a nationwide shortage of blood for chemo patients who often need transfusions due to covid19. It has affected little old Missoula MT even tho we have a low number of cases. Never a good time to have cancer but during Covid it is even worse.

retiredpopo said:
I know there is a nationwide shortage of blood for chemo patients who often need transfusions due to covid19. It has affected little old Missoula MT even tho we have a low number of cases. Never a good time to have cancer but during Covid it is even worse.

Yep. The lockdown really set us back big time in regards to blood donations. Blood drives were cancelled and blood banks weren't allowed to take donations. I guess it wasn't essential like Walmart.

Now we're allowed to donate, but the Corona has some people so spooked their afraid to go out and do it. They said we used to live at a 1-2 week inventory, and now we're at a 1-2 day inventory.

If you're not scared to death by the virus, or needles, please get out and donate! Need it now more than ever.

ilovethecats said:
behappp said:

Totally. We now have FIVE people in the hospital! That makes it 14 people in the last four months. We should probably shut things down here too. It's just becoming far too dangerous. If we're not careful, we could average 4 people hospitalized from this virus every month! I can only assume 4 people a month from the Corona HAS to be our leading cause of hospitalizations....

:coffee:

Hmmm, maybe. I still think the smart money is on Leatherman tool injuries and/or Carhartt burn.

ilovethecats said:
retiredpopo said:

Yep. The lockdown really set us back big time in regards to blood donations. Blood drives were cancelled and blood banks weren't allowed to take donations. I guess it wasn't essential like Walmart.

Now we're allowed to donate, but the Corona has some people so spooked their afraid to go out and do it. They said we used to live at a 1-2 week inventory, and now we're at a 1-2 day inventory.

If you're not scared to death by the virus, or needles, please get out and donate! Need it now more than ever.
Are you sure about blood banks not being able to take donations? Both my wife and I donate platelets to the Red Cross every other Sunday morning this year just as we’ve done for several years. About 2 1/2 hours in the chair with a needle in each arm. The only places in Montana to donate platelets is Great Falls and Missoula. Platelets are used primarily by cancer patients and open heart patients. Obviously we both think it’s important. If anyone wants more information, pm me and I would be happy to answer any questions.

griz98 said:
ilovethecats said:

Are you sure about blood banks not being able to take donations? Both my wife and I donate platelets to the Red Cross every other Sunday morning this year just as we’ve done for several years. About 2 1/2 hours in the chair with a needle in each arm. The only places in Montana to donate platelets is Great Falls and Missoula. Platelets are used primarily by cancer patients and open heart patients. Obviously we both think it’s important. If anyone wants more information, pm me and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Vitalant blood donations never closed in Billings. They did not go out and do their usual drives in public places and that hurt donations. However, they never shut down and nor did they stop taking donations despite the rant.

griz98 said:
ilovethecats said:

I don't know about all of them in Montana. Just nationally many blood banks were not open throughout the closures. And then all the blood drives had to be shut down. Bad situation all around.

ilovethecats said:
griz98 said:
I don't know about all of them in Montana. Just nationally many blood banks were not open throughout the closures. And then all the blood drives had to be shut down. Bad situation all around.

Yeah, that pretty much sucks. Only guy happy about blood banks being closed is Senator Trent.

griz98 said:
ilovethecats said:

I donate platelets regularly in Billings at Vitalant.

MikeyGriz said:
griz98 said:

You're a good man, Mikey. :thumb:

Only took one weekend for cancelations in MLB from a covid outbreak on a team. 14 positives on Miami Marlins as it spreads through team.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marlins-orioles-game-postponed-due-to-covid-19-outbreak-resulting-in-at-least-11-player-cases/

MikeyGriz said:
griz98 said:

👍

Back