• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

All Dante Olson All the Time, 24/7

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Bear Spray said:
VimSince03 said:
Great athlete, no doubt. He IS impressive. But, he is one tackle away from being irrelevant, and obscurity. Knees are fragile things, bones break, muscles/tendons/ligaments tear. Let us not forget concussions. Football is a violent game.

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, Dante is another one of those lab creations as a football player.

This. Thanks for noticing. I wonder who will have more impact this season, Olson or Anderson?

It could be Anderson for sure. He could have a good year. It could also be Olson. He could have a year that is good to. We shall see. Time will tell who has the best year out of Anderson and Olson. It all will come down to who has the best year in the games they play. That is why they play the games. Thank you for your post that is on thread.

Ok, stop. I don't come here to read this mindless drivel, I get all I need of that on Bobcat Nation. Tell me Choach is a loser and we're all drinking his cool aid. What about SWMS kicking the dog shitake out of the Cats? Trail of Tears starting early anyone? Come on man, we still have a couple weeks to go! We need you CDA!

No I turned a new leave. It’s only all foot ball things from me on the 24/7 and ATM (great nick name, by the way) threads. We want all the good posters to not drive off so they can say about who will play good and who might win games.

Last year, Dante lead the FCS with 151 tackles. I believe the reason he had so many tackles is because our D-Line wasn't very good. This year, I believe he won't get all those opportunities because our D-Line is supposedly better?

go96griz said:
My favorite Dante article. Do yourself a favor and read it.

https://gogriz.com/news/2018/12/25/football-2018-gogriz-com-person-of-the-year.aspx

Definitely a must read!

I'm waiting for SaskGriz to list his top 10 Griz linebackers of all time. Does Dante fit in there yet? Probably not, IMO. This should be even harder to narrow down than the QB list

AllWeatherFan said:

I can’t be sure, but I thought Dante was a part of the last Delaney recruiting class that stitt inherited. Stitt completed Dante’s recruitment process when he took the helm, but in the initial stages wasn’t Dante a Delaney recruit?

behappp said:
I'm waiting for SaskGriz to list his top 10 Griz linebackers of all time. Does Dante fit in there yet? Probably not, IMO. This should be even harder to narrow down than the QB list

A lot of very good linebackers have come through the program. That’s a tough top ten to crack!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I can’t be sure, but I thought Dante was a part of the last Delaney recruiting class that stitt inherited. Stitt completed Dante’s recruitment process when he took the helm, but in the initial stages wasn’t Dante a Delaney recruit?
If you read the article go96griz posted, it states exactly that: Dante was a Delaney commitment that Stitt inherited in his 1st class.

behappp said:
List has to start with Crebo imo, no?

GoldStandardGriz said:
behappp said:
List has to start with Crebo imo, no?

Tripp and Coyle would be on that list. Too bad, Josh Buss got injured. He was on his way to being an all time GRIZ great.

I believe Olson, should already be on the list. His 2018 season was phenomenal. As good as Olson is, I doubt, that season can be duplicated. That season was so out of the ordinary for a college LB. To me, Olson's 2018 season was an all time great season in GRIZ history.

behappp said:

This is only LB's, not rush ends/hybrids.

1. Jason Crebo
2. Josh Buss
3. Caleb McSurdy
4. Mike Rankin
5. Loren Uttenbeck
5. Matt Steinau
6. Andy Petek
7. Jordan Tripp
8. Brock Coyle
9. Dante Olsen
10. Mike McGowan

You're welcome.

SaskGriz said:
behappp said:

1. Jason Crebo
2. Josh Buss
3. Caleb McSurdy
4. Mike Rankin
5. Loren Uttenbeck
5. Matt Steinau
6. Andy Petek
7. Jordan Tripp
8. Brock Coyle
9. Dante Olsen
10. Mike McGowan

You're welcome.

Awesome list!
Who's Matt Steinau?

SaskGriz said:
behappp said:

1. Jason Crebo
2. Josh Buss
3. Caleb McSurdy
4. Mike Rankin
5. Loren Uttenbeck
5. Matt Steinau
6. Andy Petek
7. Jordan Tripp
8. Brock Coyle
9. Dante Olsen
10. Mike McGowan

You're welcome.

Great list. Can you do best DEs, just one time, just for me? I’d like to see the consensus hierarchy. Honestly.

SaskGriz said:
behappp said:

1. Jason Crebo
2. Josh Buss
3. Caleb McSurdy
4. Mike Rankin
5. Loren Uttenbeck
5. Matt Steinau
6. Andy Petek
7. Jordan Tripp
8. Brock Coyle
9. Dante Olsen
10. Mike McGowan

You're welcome.
Good list, except pretty sure Petek was a DE.
Other names:
Marcus Wilson
Adam Boomer (great LB name!)
Jollymore
Lebsock
Bouchee
Sirmon

Back