• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Aidan Diggs CB/WR/SS

Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:
Just got word will be trying out at CB!!!!!!

Doesn't a track scholarship also count against the football number of scholarships if he plays? Thought that was a rule to prevent a football team in reality getting more scholarship players by having them "on the track team".

I missed where he was coming on a track schollie, is that what you are saying? I just thought he was. Coming strictly for football as a PWO, walk on, or partial

Paytonlives said:
Millennium’s Diggs wraps up exceptional track career
By Griffin Fabits Mar 25, 2018

At 5 years old, when most young boys become infatuated with toy cars and train sets, Aidan Diggs said he had his sights set on the National Football League.

Now a Millennium High School senior, Diggs is coming off an impressive four-year stretch of varsity athletics, including track and field this spring.

As a Tiger, Diggs has played football, wrestling, baseball and track. His freshman year, he juggled all four in the same school year.

Incredibly impressive, yes, but overwhelming? Not in Diggs’ eyes.

“It’s just always been like that for me,” he said. “Wrestling was something else, but I’ve always been in football, baseball and track since middle school. I got used to just competing all the time. It’s just a way to stay busy, basically. It’s just part of my routine. I always have practice and it just keeps me in a routine.”

Diggs’ name is a familiar one. Aidan is one of seven siblings and the youngest boy to don the purple and black.

He has followed in the footsteps of older brothers AJ, Aaron and Andrew, all of whom paved the way to Aidan’s success.

“With my family all being sports and literally the whole household being accomplished in sports, you see yourself competing everywhere,” he said. “I was basically born into the sport of football, and then I got into track.”

On the football field, Diggs excelled on both sides of the ball. Playing three seasons at the varsity level, he totaled 2,876 yards and eight touchdowns as a wide receiver and racked up 99 tackles and three interceptions as a defensive back, according to Maxpreps.com.

Diggs admitted that track, despite being neck-and-neck with football as his favorite sport, has been the most he has accomplished outside of the classroom at Millennium.

“I already have three records and freshman year, I broke the decathlon record,” Diggs said. “Sophomore year, I was just growing, doing the decathlon, and then junior year I got hurt but I only had a month to train and I ended up getting third in the state decathlon. Then I broke our record again and then I also got the long jump record at the school and the four-by-four.”

He holds the Millennium record for the decathlon, long-jump and four-by-four events.

A resume like Diggs’ will certainly garner the attention of college scouts. He has received offers from Arizona Christian University, Ottawa University and Phoenix College, with intentions of continuing to play at the next level.

While he is busy wrapping up his legacy as a Tiger, he is writing the final chapter of the Diggs boys’ Millennium story.

He balked at the idea of how he wanted to be remembered at Millennium, instead spinning it to represent he and his brothers.

“I think it’s not mostly about Aidan Diggs,” he said. “I think it’s more about the Diggs family. AJ and Andrew, they both wore No. 42 and were amazing defensive players, and then Aaron. Me and him wearing No. 7, being more of the skills players, getting out there around the field.”

“I think the biggest thing I want them to remember is, just how we didn’t talk the talk, but we definitely walked the walk. We didn’t like to talk, we liked to be humble, but we liked to go in there and get the job done.”
sounds like he's a good kid, and good enough athlete wonder why all he was getting looked at were 2 n.a.i.a's and a juco.

I know of at least 2 guys that are having to wait until spring to try out. Maybe some guys not on the roster we don't know about yet?

HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:

Doesn't a track scholarship also count against the football number of scholarships if he plays? Thought that was a rule to prevent a football team in reality getting more scholarship players by having them "on the track team".

I missed where he was coming on a track schollie, is that what you are saying? I just thought he was. Coming strictly for football as a PWO, walk on, or partial

Think that post got deleted.

Ursus1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:

Sorry changed it yes he has a track scholly.

Paytonlives said:
Ursus1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

Sorry changed it yes he has a track scholly.

Thanks....thought for a second I imagined the whole thing.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
No way it says he runs 5.0 40. No one would be a college corner at that speed. And certainly no one would post it if that were the case.

Corrrect. Think it was a Griz Nation mis read....it actually said a 50 sec 400m....not a 5.0 40yd

Specifically an AZGrizFan misread... :lol:

Paytonlives said:
Millennium’s Diggs wraps up exceptional track career
By Griffin Fabits Mar 25, 2018

Diggs admitted that track, despite being neck-and-neck with football as his favorite sport, has been the most he has accomplished outside of the classroom at Millennium.

Actually kinda crazy I know, but I am thrilled to see a guy say that academics is important in his life :D

Welcome to Griz Nation Mr. Diggs & family. Any relation to the Minneapolis Miracle dude?

grizfan1984 said:
I'm not sure if he will be able to try out until spring, I've heard the fall roster is full and their is a few guys that will have to wait until spring to try out.

He was invited by the staff. Pretty sure they wouldn’t do that. This guy has pure athletic talent. Doesn’t mean he will be a Griz player but he has talent. Looks like he needs to work on his hips if he wants to play CB. But looks like he’s got good balance and reads plays well. Good guy to have try out!

As a Senior this dude was the Arizona state decathlon Champion by almost 700 points :shock:

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/328024/results/m/1/decathlon

Payton, why did you "bump" this thread? Did I miss something? Are we onto this player again? Thanks in advance.

SaskGriz said:
Payton, why did you "bump" this thread? Did I miss something? Are we onto this player again? Thanks in advance.

His twitter header still says University of Montana 22.
Redshirt? Greyshirt? Don’t remember his name on the roster.

SaskGriz said:

Yes, he got to UM in the Fall and was on the track team. He is now "trying out" to be a football player.

Griztrain said:
SaskGriz said:

Runs Track... looking to add Football

Paytonlives said:
Griztrain said:
SaskGriz said:

So what's the deal? Is he on a scholarship for track? Did he run track last year? What does try out for the team mean in this situation? When would they have to decide that he would be on a FB schollie? Or can he have a track schollie and be a walkon for FB?

behappp said:
Paytonlives said:
Griztrain said:
SaskGriz said:

So what's the deal? Is he on a scholarship for track? Did he run track last year? What does try out for the team mean in this situation? When would they have to decide that he would be on a FB schollie? Or can he have a track schollie and be a walkon for FB?

I am not sure when and how the scholarship is determined. I do know, if an athlete is on scholarship of one sport and plays football, at some point the scholarship counts against the football team, not the track team. I am not sure of the specifics of how it works.

Google found this:

Compliance 101, Session 4: Multi-sport Student-Athletes and Financial Aid Limits
Compliance 101: Your source for learning the ins and outs of NCAA and Big 12 rules.

(a) In football, a counter who was recruited and/or offered financial aid to
participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football
and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in the sport of
football. A counter who was not recruited and/or offered financial aid to
participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports
(including basketball) shall be counted in the sport of football;

behappp said:
Google found this:

Compliance 101, Session 4: Multi-sport Student-Athletes and Financial Aid Limits
Compliance 101: Your source for learning the ins and outs of NCAA and Big 12 rules.

(a) In football, a counter who was recruited and/or offered financial aid to
participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football
and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in the sport of
football. A counter who was not recruited and/or offered financial aid to
participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports
(including basketball) shall be counted in the sport of football;

Nice work!!!!! :thumb: :clap:

Back