• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Adam Jones to the CATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
horribilisfan8184 said:
uofmman1122 said:
Again, I never said this won't impact our recruiting going forward. I've only addressed the assertion that our current Griz players from Sentinel will transfer because of what happened to Zac. However, I'm not as doom and gloom about it going forward, either. Most kids from Sentinel only get offers from UM and MSU, so while Dane might be pissed about it, I doubt he shuts down recruiting from UM entirely when it's one of the vast majority of his kids only chances of playing D1 football every year.

I don't want to belabor this point, and if Hauck strung Crews along, that's certainly not good recruiting tactics, but I'm still pretty sure the person that "limited Crews opportunities" wasn't Bobby in this instance.

Why is everyone assuming the players at MSU will be more forgiving to Crews? More willing to swallow his "sorry I didn't know it could be public and got caught" apology? More willing to swallow their principles and look the other way? Can someone explain why players at MSU won't threaten to leave if he joins the team? What is so different about the Cats player group?
Maybe the bobcat players won't like it any better than the griz players did. However, I promise that there are players on both teams that don't like some of the other players or coaches. Why would it be up to the players anyway? The kid should have been given a chance and if some of the players want to make a principled stand and move on then that would be on them.
It sounds like that is what is going to happen in Bozeman as it should. My guess is that it will work out fine.

horribilisfan8184 said:
uofmman1122 said:
Again, I never said this won't impact our recruiting going forward. I've only addressed the assertion that our current Griz players from Sentinel will transfer because of what happened to Zac. However, I'm not as doom and gloom about it going forward, either. Most kids from Sentinel only get offers from UM and MSU, so while Dane might be pissed about it, I doubt he shuts down recruiting from UM entirely when it's one of the vast majority of his kids only chances of playing D1 football every year.

I don't want to belabor this point, and if Hauck strung Crews along, that's certainly not good recruiting tactics, but I'm still pretty sure the person that "limited Crews opportunities" wasn't Bobby in this instance.

Why is everyone assuming the players at MSU will be more forgiving to Crews? More willing to swallow his "sorry I didn't know it could be public and got caught" apology? More willing to swallow their principles and look the other way? Can someone explain why players at MSU won't threaten to leave if he joins the team? What is so different about the Cats player group?
I'm definitely not, and if it's true MSU also told him no to joining the team, then it's very likely due to pushback from players, as well. I think Zac is gonna have a tough time convincing many football programs to take a chance on him right now, and that has nothing to do with how the situation was handled by UM, IMO.

The Crews and 37 things have really messed up the Griz. Note how the players, in every article like the recent o-line one, are not excited about anything, are predicting disaster, and are obviously dusting off their resumes for the portal. I hope UM will find a way to field a team this season.

mthoopsfan said:
The Crews and 37 things have really messed up the Griz. Note how the players, in every article like the recent o-line one, are not excited about anything, are predicting disaster, and are obviously dusting off their resumes for the portal. I hope UM will find a way to field a team this season.

Yep. It's all over for Bobby & the griz for sure. May as well populate his lawn with for sale signs & hire Stitt back. How long until kickoff again??

Former Sentinel players will have more influence than Dane. This whole thing is being overblown. Field of study, competition for a specific position and a kids wild ass desires come into play when recruiting. Nothing to see here and the season needs to start. Way too many drama queens.

Copper Griz said:
Former Sentinel players will have more influence than Dane. This whole thing is being overblown. Field of study, competition for a specific position and a kids wild ass desires come into play when recruiting. Nothing to see here and the season needs to start. Way too many drama queens.

Finally a rational post on this! Spot-on!!

Copper Griz said:

Agree 100! Only Adam Jones and his family know why he made this decision. Whatever the reason, he made the decision that was best for him as a student and an athlete. I thought he might take the Utah scholarship for baseball. This thread is worse than sewing circle! "It's all Bobby's fault"! There are just Bobby haters, and there always will be, but they will be the first one's donning a championship jersey if the Grizzlies take it. Good grief!

EverettGriz said:
Just spit ballin' here, but perhaps Dane should use this as a coaching opportunity to teach his players about personal responsibility, and that actions have consequences.

And that doesn't even address that his first priority should be doing all he can to ensure that his former players land in a college environment in which they can succeed, both educationally and athletically, while putting his personal feelings aside.

Are you saying that Sentinel kids dont have what it takes to make grades at MSU, but almost anyone can make grades at um :thumb:

The.Real.2506 said:
EverettGriz said:
Just spit ballin' here, but perhaps Dane should use this as a coaching opportunity to teach his players about personal responsibility, and that actions have consequences.

And that doesn't even address that his first priority should be doing all he can to ensure that his former players land in a college environment in which they can succeed, both educationally and athletically, while putting his personal feelings aside.

Are you saying that Sentinel kids dont have what it takes to make grades at MSU, but almost anyone can make grades at um :thumb:
Nice way to shit on your new recruit, there lol

uofmman1122 said:
The.Real.2506 said:
Nice way to shit on your new recruit, there lol

I was thinking the same thing. Why do Cat fans have to insult Sentinel kids?

rocklobster said:
Copper Griz said:

Agree 100! Only Adam Jones and his family know why he made this decision. Whatever the reason, he made the decision that was best for him as a student and an athlete. I thought he might take the Utah scholarship for baseball. This thread is worse than sewing circle! "It's all Bobby's fault"! There are just Bobby haters, and there always will be, but they will be the first one's donning a championship jersey if the Grizzlies take it. Good grief!

Relax yo. I’m the one that started this on a wild random speculation and I’m as far from a bobby hater as you can get. 100% Bobby is the reason we are back to national prominence, and yes, I will certainly wear my championship shirt IF Bobby and the Griz can win a natty.

So much drama in the MSO
It's kinda hard being the coach with the big ass nose
But somehow, some way
He keeps coming up with slightly better than average teams every single day.

wbtfg said:
So much drama in the MSO
But somehow, some way

Slightly better then average and quite a bit better then the scats.

alabamagrizzly said:
wbtfg said:
So much drama in the MSO
But somehow, some way

Slightly better then average and quite a bit better then the scats.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh.....not lately there bama

wbtfg said:
alabamagrizzly said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=93cdzOjJ-lM

Right. I forgot your season now revolves around one game a year.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

And what’s your basis that the Griz aren’t better? Going farther back into the past? Certainly not the present where the Griz are predicted higher in every single poll and have more All Con and All American selections in every single media outlet. Tell me again why you think the scats are better.

wbtfg said:
So much drama in the MSO
But somehow, some way

Ughhh, you’re butchering it! You have to get the syllables right or it doesn’t work. I’m giving you this advice as a friend, and I don’t believe the subject matter is true, but here:

Needs a “He” between “But” and “somehow”. Drop “He” in the next line and sub out “slightly better than average” for “mediocre”. Then, add a “like” before “every”, and you might have something.

But he, some how, someway,
Keeps coming up with mediocre teams like every single day.

That’s the flow. You get the flow right, and the world is your oyster when it comes to subject matter.
You’re welcome,
Ashley.

CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
So much drama in the MSO
But somehow, some way

Ughhh, you’re butchering it! You have to get the syllables right or it doesn’t work. I’m giving you this advice as a friend, and I don’t believe the subject matter is true, but here:

Needs a “He” between “But” and “somehow”. Drop “He” in the next line and sub out “slightly better than average” for “mediocre”. Then, add a “like” before “every”, and you might have something.

But he, some how, someway,
Keeps coming up with mediocre teams like every single day.

That’s the flow. You get the flow right, and the world is your oyster when it comes to subject matter. You’re welcome, Ashley.

Thanks for being the Dre to my snoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back