• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

8/13/22 practice

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Griz2k said:
Haha, right?

I have lamented the disappearance of the screen game since Pflugrad was let go. Would love to see some good screen packages in the offense, especially with all the talent we have at running back
It can also really help a marginal line out.

A tip of the cap to Rule, 2k and anyone who contributed to this thread about Griz football.....what a nice thing to do....

dupuyer griz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I have lamented the disappearance of the screen game since Pflugrad was let go. Would love to see some good screen packages in the offense, especially with all the talent we have at running back
It can also really help a marginal line out.

:| :|

dupuyer griz said:
AZDoc said:
Apparently you are all forgetting the numerous WR screens from 2015-2017. :D

No, no we’re not. That horse shit just doesn’t work.
Do you not remember us giving up 300+ yards in one half to EWU in 2017 on almost nothing but those same WR screens?

We also ran those a ton in 2019 with Samori and they worked almost every time.

I understand the concern regarding an inexperienced O Line; These coaches are Very experienced and have plenty of tools to slow down a pass rush: Screens, Draws, quick out. toss sweeps, reverses etc. They have Great Backs, and receivers and a stable of quality QB's. Maybe have issues with 3rd and short. But with Ostmo and Knight and that kid from Kalispell, we should be O K. Go Griz win er all this year...

Griz#64 said:
I understand the concern regarding an inexperienced O Line; These coaches are Very experienced and have plenty of tools to slow down a pass rush: Screens, Draws, quick out. toss sweeps, reverses etc. They have Great Backs, and receivers and a stable of quality QB's. Maybe have issues with 3rd and short. But with Ostmo and Knight and that kid from Kalispell, we should be O K. Go Griz win er all this year...
The Griz have that potential this year.

Griz#64 said:
If you are thinking of Drew Turner, he left the team during the off season.

Back